The Moto G-series, a fan-favorite mid-ranger for years, is entering its seventh generation. It delivers better and faster chipsets, cameras and charging. They are available in Brazil and Mexico today and are coming to Europe from the mid-February.
Moto G7 Plus: the photographer
The Moto G7 Plus is the most powerful G-phone yet, but its calling in life is photography. It features a 16+5MP dual camera on the back optimized for low-light shooting.
The 16MP sensor has large 1.22µm pixels, bright f/1.7 aperture and optical image stabilization for photos, plus electronic stabilization and hyperlapse mode for video. There’s a 12MP selfie camera with portrait and group selfie modes.
AI-powered features like Smart Composition and Auto-Smile capture will help you get the best shot. The rear camera can record 4K video at 30fps and 1080p at 30/60/120fps. The 5MP module is a depth sensor for that creamy bokkeh in your portrait shots.
The G7 Plus is powered by a Snapdragon 636 chipset, which features four Cortex-A73-derived Kryo 260 Gold cores plus four A53-based cores. It’s paired with 3GB of RAM and 64GB storage (expandable with microSD cards up to 512GB). It goes without saying that it runs stock Android 9 Pie.
This is the first Moto phone to feature the new 27W TurboPower charging mode. It promises 12 hours of usage in just 15 minutes of charging. The not-so-good news is that the battery has only 3,000mAh capacity. On the plus side, the phone is compatible with any QC4.0 or USB PD3.0 charger.
The Moto G7 Plus sports a 6.2” LCD on the front with a teardrop notch. It has 1,080 x 2,270px resolution and Gorilla Glass. Stereo speakers with Dolby Audio plus a 3.5mm jack promise an eventful multimedia experience. If you want to go wireless, there’s Bluetooth 5.0 LE with aptX.
All Moto G7 models will be available in Europe starting mid-February. The Plus will cost €300.
Motorola Moto G7 Plus Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat13 600/50 Mbps
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: February, 2019
- Availability: February, 2019
- Dimensions: 157 x 75.3 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 176 g
- Build: Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 3), aluminum frame
- Colours: Deep Indigo, Viva Red
- Splash resistant
SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.2 inches, 96.2 cm2 (~81.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2270 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Operating System: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM632 Snapdragon 632 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32/64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Dual – 16 MP, f/1.7, 1.22um, PDAF, OIS + 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 12 MP, 1.25um
- Features: HDR
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dolby Audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes (Europe Market)
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
Battery & Power
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Charging: 27W Quick Charge 4, USB Power Delivery 3.0
Moto G7 Plus Price
- Launched Price: €300
Disclaimer. We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.