Today at the MWC 2019, LG unveiled the V50 ThinQ 5G as well as the G8 ThinQ and the G8s ThinQ.
The LG G8 ThinQ and G8s ThinQ are both powered by the new Snapdragon 855 coupled with 6GB of RAM (no 5G modem, though) but differ in screen size, cameras and batteries.
The LG G8 ThinQ has a 6.1-inch 3120x1440px OLED display, a 3,500mAh battery and a 12MP standard + 12MP telephoto + 16MP ultrawide triple camera.
The LG G8s ThinQ has a larger 6.2-inch OLED of inferior 2248x1080px resolution, a 3,550mAh battery and a triple camera consisting of a 12MP standard + 12MP telephoto and 13MP ultrawide camera.
LG will also have a G8 ThinQ with a dual rear camera for specific regions and markets.
Both the LG G8 ThinQ and the LG G8s ThinQ come with an 8MP selfie camera and a second ToF (time of flight) 3D camera that achieves Hand ID, which reads the thickness and other characteristics of the veins in your palm to unlock the phone. The 3D camera is also used for more secure Face unlock that won’t be fooled with a two-dimensional photo of your face. You’ll also be able to control the LG G8 ThinQ through air gestures called Air Motion. Waving a hand or pinching the air will allow for taking calls, increasing and decreasing volume or taking screenshots while you’re driving, for instance.
The G8 ThinQ will come in Carmine Red, New Aurora Black and New Moroccan Blue.
LG G8 ThinQ / LG G8s ThinQ Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: February, 2019
- Availability: 2019, Q2
- Dimensions: 151.9 x 71.8 x 8.4 mm / – (G8s ThinQ)
- Weight: 167 g / – (G8s ThinQ)
- Build: Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Colours: Carmine Red, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.1 inches, 91.0 cm2 (~83.5% screen-to-body ratio) / 6.2 inches, 96.8 cm2 (G8s ThinQ)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3120 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~564 ppi density) / 1080 x 2248 pixels (~402 ppi density) (G8s ThinQ)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 100% DCI-P3
- Dolby Vision
- Always-on display
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB / 64/128 GB (G8s ThinQ)
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot) – single-SIM model, microSD, up to 512 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual-SIM model
- Main Camera: Triple – 12 MP, f/1.5, 27mm (standard), 1.4µm, OIS, PDAF & laser AF + 16 MP, f/1.9, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm, no AF + 12 MP, 52mm (telephoto), f/2.4, 1.0µm, 2x optical zoom, OIS, PDAF [Triple or Dual camera (market dependent)] / Triple – 12 MP, f/1.5, 27mm (standard), 1.4µm, OIS, PDAF & laser AF + 13 MP, (wide) + 12 MP, 52mm (telephoto), f/2.4, 1.0µm, 2x optical zoom, OIS, PDAF (G8s ThinQ)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@240fps, HDR, 24-bit/192kHz stereo sound rec.
- Selfie Camera: Dual – 8 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1.22µm, AF + TOF camera / Dual – 8 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1.22µm, AF + TOF camera (G8s ThinQ)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@60fps
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- DTS: X Surround Sound
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
Battery & Power
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery / Non-removable Li-Po 3550 mAh battery (G8s ThinQ)
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Wireless charging
LG G8 ThinQ Price
- Launch Price: To Be Announced
Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.