Tecno POP 2 is an Android smartphone that features a 5.5-inch FullView touchscreen display, a selfie camera with AI beautification, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, as well as a 2400mAh battery.
The 5.5 FullView display gives it a very good look. Who says budget devices cannot look good? Minimal bezels are always welcome.
The Pop 2 runs Android 8.1 Go Edtion. That is a version of Android OS that is optimised to run better on entry-level hardware. So, even though it has only 1GB RAM, you can expect some improvement in performance when compared to competing devices that run regular Android OS.
And while there is only 8GB storage built into the TECNO Pop 2, you can add a memory card (up to 32GB in capacity) to enjoy more storage space.
The front camera has an 8 megapixels single lens, while at the back is a 5 megapixels single rear with LED flash. The front-facing 8-megapixel camera of the TECNO Pop 2 has AI assistance, especially for low-light photography, so your selfies “pop” out, says the manufacturer.
The rear camera has a 5-megapixel lens and dual LED flash.
As for network connectivity, all you get is 2G and 3G for voice calls and data. You have to look elsewhere if you are interested in 4G LTE support.
TECNO Pop 2 Specifications
Find the full specs, features, availability and pricing for the Pop 2 below.
- SIM: dual SIM
- Mobile Networks: 2G, 3G
- Software / Operating System: Android 8.1 (Oreo, Go edition) + HiOS 3.3
- Dimensions: 149.76 x 72.8 x 9.35 mm
- Sensors: Fingerprint, FaceID, G-sensor
- Colours: Champagne Gold, Midnight Black , City Blue
- Display: 5.5-inch, 960 x 480 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, IPS FullView display
- Processor: 1.3GHz quad-core Mediatek MT6580
- Graphics Processing: Mali-400MP2
- RAM: 1GB RAM
- Internal storage: 8GB
- External Memory: microSD card support up to 32GB
- Main Camera: 5MP single camera, f/2.2 aperture, dual LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP single camera, LED flash
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n,
- Bluetooth: v4.0,
- GPS: Yes; GLONASS
- Audio: 3.5mm audio jack
- FM Radio: Yes
- Battery Capacity: 2400mAh
- Battery Charging Regular
- Announced: December 2018
- Available: December 2018
There are those who find a 2400mAh battery uncomfortably small to live with. if you are one of them and want a bigger battery for the same phone, Tecno Pop 2 Power is what the doctor recommends.
Tecno Pop 2 Price
The Pop 2 sells about NGN24,000 in Nigeria. That price is under $100. It is also available in countries like Ghana and Kenya, among others.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.