Samsung’s M series has finally been launched in India. Today Samsung unveiled the Galaxy M10 and the Galaxy M20 as first members of its new midrange lineup.
The two phones share large Infinity-V screens, dual cameras on the back with a 13MP regular and 5MP ultra-wide angle modules, dual-SIM, Face unlock and aggressive prices.
The Samsung Galaxy M10 has a slightly smaller 6.2-inch LCD of the lower 1520x720px resolution. It’s Infinity-V notch hosts a more humble 5MP f/2.0 selfie camera and the phone has no fingerprint scanner.
The rear cameras are the same combination of 13MP regular + 5MP ultra-wide. The chipset and RAM are another step down from the Galaxy M20 – an Exynos 7870 (14nm 8x Cortex-A53 @ 1.6GHz) that’s mated to 2GB or 3GB of RAM.
The battery of the Galaxy M10 is a 3,430mAh unit with regular charging and storage is half what the M20 has – 32GB.
Both the Galaxy M20 and the Galaxy M10 will be available through Amazon India and Samsung’s own store in Ocean Blue or Charcoal Black.
Samsung Galaxy M10 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: January, 2019
- Status: Exp. release 2019, February 5
- Dimensions: 155.6 x 75.6 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 163 g
- Colours: Ocean Blue, Charcoal Black
SIM Type & Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.22 inches, 96.6 cm2 (~82.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)/Experience 9.5
- Chipset: Exynos 7870 Octa (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Mali-T830 MP1
- RAM: 2 GB, 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB, 32 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
- Dual: 13 MP, f/1.9, 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, PDAF + 5 MP, f/2.2, 1/5″, 1.12µm, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera
- Single: 5 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Accelerometer, proximity
Battery & Power
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy M10 Price
- Launched Price: 2 GB version costs INR 8,000 (€100) while the 3 GB model costs INR 9,000 (€110).
Disclaimer. We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct