Xiaomi’s first Android Go smartphone is finally official. The Redmi Go is runs on Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition), comes in Black and Blue.
The Redmi Go packs a modest 5-inch 1280x720px LCD of the conventional 16:9 aspect, an 8MP main camera with LED flash and a 5MP selfie snapper.
The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 425 with four Cortex-A53 cores running at 1.4GHz. There’s 1GB of RAM and either 8GB or 16GB of storage, which can be expanded with a microSD card. The Redmi Go actually employs a hybrid slot so you can choose between extra storage and dual SIM support, but can’t have both.
The battery on the Xiaomi Redmi Go has 3,000mAh capacity, which is very generous considering the tiny screen and modest chipset.
The Xiaomi Redmi Go will go on sale in February at a price of €80 in Europe. Philipines pricing is yet to be confirmed as well as availability in other markets.
Xiaomi Redmi Go Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: January, 2019
- Available: February, 2019
- Dimensions: 140.4 x 70.1 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 137 g
- Colours: Black, Blue
SIM Type & Count
- Dual SIM
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.0 inches, 68.9 cm2 (~70.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~294 ppi density)
- Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 308
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal Storage: 8 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera
- Single: 8 MP, f/2.0, AF
- Features: LED flash, HDR
- Video: 720p@30fps
- Selfie Camera
- Single: 5 MP, f/2.2
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0
Battery & Power
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi Go Price
- Launched Price: €80
Disclaimer. We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
Redmi Go Review and Buyer’s Guide Verdict
We have reviewed the Redmi Go, you can check HERE
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the BLU Vivo Go are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.