Xiaomi’s first Android Go smartphone is finally official. The Redmi Go is runs on Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition), comes in Black and Blue.
The Redmi Go packs a modest 5-inch 1280x720px LCD of the conventional 16:9 aspect, an 8MP main camera with LED flash and a 5MP selfie snapper.
The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 425 with four Cortex-A53 cores running at 1.4GHz. There’s 1GB of RAM and either 8GB or 16GB of storage, which can be expanded with a microSD card. The Redmi Go actually employs a hybrid slot so you can choose between extra storage and dual SIM support, but can’t have both.
The battery on the Xiaomi Redmi Go has 3,000mAh capacity, which is very generous considering the tiny screen and modest chipset.
The Xiaomi Redmi Go will go on sale in February at a price of €80 in Europe. Philipines pricing is yet to be confirmed as well as availability in other markets.
Xiaomi Redmi Go Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: January, 2019
- Available: February, 2019
- Dimensions: 140.4 x 70.1 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: 137 g
- Colours: Black, Blue
SIM Type & Count
- Dual SIM
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.0 inches, 68.9 cm2 (~70.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~294 ppi density)
- Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition)
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 308
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal Storage: 8 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera
- Single: 8 MP, f/2.0, AF
- Features: LED flash, HDR
- Video: 720p@30fps
- Selfie Camera
- Single: 5 MP, f/2.2
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0
Battery & Power
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi Go Price
- Launched Price: €80
Disclaimer. We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.