The MTN SME DataShare service is specifically designed for growing businesses; offering them the ability to centrally manage internet usage per staff across their businesses. SME DataShare 22GB bundle is sold at the price ofÂ N10,000 and it can be shared to 20 people with a validity period of 30 days.
MTN SME DataShare is a prepaid service that allows business owners to buy data bundles and share with their staff.
How To Activate MTN SME DataShare Service
How To Activate and Share
To activate and share the MTN SME DataShare (22GB Data Bundle), simply follow the steps below;
- Dial *461*2*4# to buy SME DataShare 22GB bundle
- Dial *461*3# to check SME DataShare bundle balance
- Dial *461*4# to register your SME DataShare account line and generate a PIN (if you are a new customer).
- Dial *461*5# to change SME DataShare PIN.
- Dial *461*6# to share SME DataShare bundle.
Which Tariff Plan Supports SME DataShare Service?
To enjoy this service, you will need to first migrate to the MTN BizPlus tariff plan (Dial *460*1#).
ALSO READ:Â How To Share Data And Credit On MTN Network
How To Recharge Your MTN SME DataShare Account
And you can recharge your MTN SME DataShare account using any of the following options;
- The buy airtime tab on Data Subscription Portal.
- The buy airtime tab on MyMTN App
- Vending VTU to SME DataShare number
- Using MTN Share â€˜Nâ€™ Sell Transfers (Dial *600*Phone Number*Amount*PIN#) or
- Via your bankâ€™s USSD channel/Mobile App or Quickteller.
Key Points To Note With MTN SME DataShare Service
- You can purchase any additional DataShare bundle plan multiple times within the month of existing subscription whether or not the data bundle is exhausted. Data will be accumulated and expiry date will assume latest date of purchase.
- Sponsor can share data in the following data sizes: 250MB, 500MB, 1GB,2GB and 5GB.
- A beneficiary shall receive data from one SME DataShare sponsor at a time but beneficiaries can however receive data from another sponsor when they exhaust the initial data.
- Each sponsor shall have the ability to share data a maximum of 20 times per 22GB DataShare bundle plan purchased.
- One beneficiary shall be able to receive data multiple times from a sponsor, irrespective of the bundle plan the data is being shared from as long as the sponsor has not reached his/her maximum of 20 shares per 22GB SME DataShare bundle.
- Unused data shall be forfeited once the bundle expires.
- The beneficiaryâ€™s phone number must be an MTN phone number on any service class.
How To Share (USSD and SMS Codes)
As a Sponsor, you can share data with any beneficiary by sending SMS below to 131 as shown below (or dial *461*6# and follow the prompt).
|SMS FORMAT TO SEND TO 131 TO SHARE DATA||COMMENTS|
|SMEA <PhoneNumber> 250 <PIN>||SMS to transfer 250MB|
|SMEB <PhoneNumber> 500 <PIN>||SMS to transfer 500MB|
|SMEC <PhoneNumber> 1000 <PIN>||SMS to transfer 1GB|
|SMED <PhoneNumber> 2000 <PIN>||SMS to transfer 2GB|
|SMEE <PhoneNumber> 5000 <PIN>||SMS to transfer 5GB|
How To Check Data Balance & Validity Period
The sponsor can check data balance by simply sending DATABALANCE to 131 or by dial *461# and follow the prompt.
The beneficiary can check by sending SHAREBALANCE to 131 or dialing *461# and following the prompt.
Validity Period For MTN SME DataShare.
MTN SME DataShare has a validity period of 30 days.