LG reintroduced the G7 Fit as a new entry into the Q-series – meet the LG Q9. The spec sheet is virtually identical, save for new color options.
The standout features of the phone are its multimedia capabilities and its durability. It features LG’s trademark Quad DAC for high-quality wired audio and a powerful Boombox speaker if you want to play the music loudly. It goes without saying that there’s a 3.5mm headphone jack (there’s an FM receiver too).
The 6.1-inch screen is pretty special too, it’s sharp thanks to its QHD+ resolution, but it’s headlining feature is the 1,000nit daylight visibility mode. The screen is HDR10-enabled to boot.
The LG Q9 is waterproof (IP68) and drop-resistant (MIL-STD-810G). It is powered by a Snapdragon 821 chipset, running Android 8.1 Oreo. It supports LG Pay and features a dedicated Google Assistant key.
The memory configuration is 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage, plus a microSD card slot. There’s a fast USB-C 3.1 port at the bottom that also supports Quick Charge 3.0. The battery has 3,000mAh capacity.
The phone has a single 16MP camera on its back (and a fingerprint reader below it), plus an 8MP selfie camera in the notch on the screen.
The LG Q9 This phone is aimed at students in South Korea and will launch on the three big Korean carriers on July 11 (school begins in late August).
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of LG Q9 below.
LG Q9 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
SIM Type & Count
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 153.2 x 71.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight 159 g
- Colours: Carmine Red, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue
- IP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.1 inches, 91.0 cm2 (~82.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3120 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~564 ppi density)
- Always-on display
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 (14 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core (2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo)
- GPU: Adreno 530
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB
- Main Camera
- Single: 16 MP, f/2.2, 28mm (wide), PDAF
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera
- Single: 8 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Music Support: MP3/eAAC+/WAV/Flac player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- DTS: X Surround Sound
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document editor
- Charging: Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: January, 2018
- Availability: July 11, 2018
LG Q9 Price
- The phone is aimed at students and will cost KRW 500,000 in South Korea ($445/€390
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.