Video has become an extensive part of our web browsing and itâ€™s no surprise that all the social networks are making sure you donâ€™t miss out on any videos. While we appreciate the new video-centric features of social networks, we most certainly do not appreciate the auto playing videos. All major social media networks including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram have videos set to autoplay.
It is annoying to say the least, considering there are times when we are just casually browsing on our favorite social network and all of a sudden a video starts playing especially when webpages play videos automatically and we scramble around searching where is the sound coming from.
The autoplay videos also have negative effect on ourÂ limited mobile data bandwidthÂ in pre-loading those videos. The good news is there are ways to stop autoplay videos.Â Hereâ€™s how you can do it:
How to Stop Autoplay Videos on Facebook
Facebook natively allows you to disable autoplay videos and thatâ€™s really appreciated. Hereâ€™s how to stop autoplay videos on Facebook web and its Android & iOS apps.
1.Â Open Facebook and login to your account. Then,Â Go to â€œSettingsâ€œ.
Facebook Android App
- Tap on the hamburger menu icon on the top left corner of the screen and scroll down to find â€œSettings and Privacyâ€. Click on â€œSettingsâ€Â in the drop-down menu.
- In theÂ â€œSettingsâ€Â section, scroll down and tap on theÂ â€œMedia and Contactsâ€option.
- In theÂ â€œMedia and Contactsâ€Â section, tap onÂ â€œAutoplayâ€Â to open the autoplay video preferences.
- On theÂ â€œAutoplayâ€Â settings page, select theÂ â€œNever Autoplay Videosâ€Â to disable auto-playing videos in your Facebook feed.
Facebook iOS App
- Tap on the hamburgerÂ menu icon on the top left corner of the screen and scroll down to findÂ â€œSettings and Privacyâ€. Click onÂ â€œSettingsâ€Â in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down in theÂ â€œSettingsâ€Â section and tap on theÂ â€œVideos and photosâ€option below theÂ â€œMedia and contactsâ€Â header.
- On theÂ â€œVideos and photosâ€Â settings page, tap on theÂ â€œAuto-playâ€Â option.
- Click onÂ â€œNever Auto-play Videosâ€Â on theÂ â€œAuto-playâ€Â preferences page to disable auto-playing videos in feed.
This is the way to stop autoplay videos on Facebook account and this should give you a lot of relief, as I understand the nuisance and unwanted data usage caused by videos autoplaying.
So, try them out and do let us know if you have any questions regarding the same. You can surely expect to hear back from us.