HiSense U30 is an Android 9 smartphone that features a 6.3-inch O-Infinity Display, 48MP camera at the back, Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 chipset, 4500mAh battery with QuickCharge 4.0.
Most of us cannot even remember the last time we heard of a HiSense phone. Better yet, when was the last time we saw one? Here at TellForceBlog, it has been donkey years. The good news is that they are still in the business of making phones, and they have an interesting model announced at CES 2019. Say hello to a 48MP camera. Say hello to an O-Infinity display and to a Snapdragon 675 chipset. Now, let;s meet the U30 properly.
HiSense U30 is the first smartphone announced that features Samsung’s 48MP camera and the Snapdragon 675 processor. It is also one of the first smartphones with the O-Infinity display – a display with a punch hole selfie camera. Notice, HiSense is not calling it Infinity-O as used by Samsung.
Speaking of selfie camera, the front-facing camera on the U30 has a 20-megapixels lens. Because of the O-Infinity display, the selfie lens is housed in a punch hole in a corner of the display. Thank God the notch has been left behind in 2018 – at least by HiSense. The U30’s display is as bezel-less and sleek as it gets.
The U30 has a cowhide back cover. On that same back is a 48MP camera coupled with a 5MP depth sensor.
There are two variants of this interesting mobile phone – one has 6GB of RAM while the other has 8GB. You will not be lacking in multi-tasking ability on this device. There is no memory card slot, but the U30 has 128GB internal storage, so you are not likely to need a card anyway.
And with Android 9 Pie running out of the box, you have up-to-date software to count on. The full list of features of the U30 are specified below.
HiSense U30 Specifications
- 2G: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: Supported LTE bands are not specified yet
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- OS: Android 9 Pie + Vision UI 6
Design, Form Factor and Appearance
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Display: 6.30 inches, 1080 × 2340 pixels, O-Infinity, LCD display
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass
- Physical Build: Cowhide back cover
- Processor Type: 64-bit Octa-core 2.0 GHz
- Processor Name: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 612
- RAM: 6 GB / 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: No
Photography and Video
- Rear Camera: Dual Camera with 48 megapixels, Samsung lens, auto-focus + 5 megapixels depth sensor, LED flash, [email protected] video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 20 megapixels, [email protected] video capture
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Loudspeaker: Mono
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v2.0
- Charging: Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4500mAh
- Announced: January 2019
- Availability: March 2019
HiSense U30 Price and Availability
The price of the U30 is yet to be announced, but the manufacturer says that the device will be available only in China, Russia, and some European countries. Expected release date is sometime in March 2019.
With the O-Infinity display and 48MP camera, coupled with other features, the HiSense U30 is a very compelling proposition if priced right. The limited availability is a bummer though, but if you want one bad enough, the world is a global village. Just order and ship from any of the official countries and you are good.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.