DOOGEE announced and made its long-awaited Y8 smartphone available to the public earlier this month. The DOOGEE Y8 will grab your attention with its extra large, water drop 6.1-inch full-screen display that boasts an HD screen resolution of 600×1280 pixels at a pixel density of 270ppi (pixels-per-inch).
The phone will grab your attention with its extra large, water drop 6.1-inch full-screen display that boasts an HD screen resolution of 600×1280 pixels at a pixel density of 270ppi (pixels-per-inch).
Under the hood, the phone packs a powerful MT6793 quad-core processor that ensures a superior system operating experience. Aside from that, it uses a highly competent IMG GE8100 graphics processing unit for advanced multitasking.
Moreover, the DOOGEE Y8 ships with 3GB of RAM and offers 16GB of onboard storage capacity that can be expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card.
On the photography front, the dual-SIM smartphone houses an 8.0MP+5.0MP dual-camera set up with F/2.2 auto-focus LED Flash on the back. Up front, there’s a 5.0MP front shooter with F/2.2 80 degree wide-angle.
The phone runs Android 9.0 Pie OS and draws its juices from a built-in 3400mAh polymer battery.
The DOOGEE Y8 features a slew of useful sensors including a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. Aside from that, it offers a face unlocking alternative for added protection.
You can head straight to the sheet below to check out the full specifications of the DOOGEE Y8 smartphone.
DOOGEE Y8 Specifications
- 2G: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: HSPA 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 MHz
- LTE-TDD: 1900 MHz (Band 39), 2300 MHz (Band 40), 2500 MHz (Band 41), 2600 MHz (Band 38)
- Data Speed: HSPDA, LTE Cat 4 150 Mbps Download, 50 Mbps Upload
SIM Type & Count
- Hybrid Dual Nano SIM
Operating System (OS)
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Dimensions: 75.25 x 156.8 x 9 mm
- Weight: 150 g
- Colour: Black, Green
- Body: Polycarbonate
- Type: IPS capacitive touchscreen, 16M Colours
- Size: (78.44%) 6.1 inches HD+
- Resolution: 1280 x 600 Pixels (232 PPI)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6739
- CPU: 64-Bit Quad-Core 1.3GHz ARM Cortex-A53
- Graphics Processing (GPU): PowerVR GE8100, 570 MHz
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB
- External Storage: microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 256GB
- Main Camera
- Dual: 8 MP + 5 MP, F2.0 Aperture
- Feature: Autofocus, Face detection, Geotagging, HDR, Panorama, LED Flash
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera
- Single: 8 MP with F2.2 Aperture, Face unlock
- Music Support: WAV, AAC, AMR, MP3, WMA, MIDI, FLAC, OGG, AVI
- Video Support: 3GP, MP4, FLV, WMV, AVI, MKV, H.264, H.263
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Output: Yes with 3.5mm Audio Out Port
- Proximity, Light, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Display
- Bluetooth: v4.0, A2DP
- USB: Micro USBv2.0 with OTG, Charging and Mass Storage Function
- GPS: Yes, with GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
Announcement & Release Date
- Announced: January 05, 2019
- Release Date: January 05, 2019
Battery and Power
- Charging: Regular
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-Removable Li-Poly 3400 mAh
Doogee Y8 Price & Availability
- Launched Price: $69.99
You can buy the DOOGEE Y8 HERE
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.