Judging by the name of vivo’s latest phone – the NEX Dual Display Edition – anybody should be able to imagine how it looks like. The main selling feature of the device is the presence of two active displays – one on the front and another one on the back. However, that’s just the beginning of the long spec sheet.
The main display positioned on the front boasts of almost bezel-less design and fits in a 6.39-inch diagonal. It’s a Super AMOLED display with 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution and extra tall 19.5:9 aspect ratio. According to vivo, the display covers 91.63% of the phone’s front.
The back display is also Super AMOLED, but it’s a bit smaller standing at 5.49-inch in diagonal and uses the old-school 1080 x 1920 resolution with a standard 16:9 aspect ratio.
The new vivo NEX Dual Display Edition is powered by a Snapdragon 845 chipset coupled with 10GB of RAM and 128GB of non-expandable storage.
As for the camera setup, there’s no front-facing shooter, so the front panel looks pretty clean while the back panel houses three sensors. The main one is 12MP with OIS and f/1.79 aperture lens while the secondary is just 2MP with f/1.8, which is probably used only for depth sensing. The third camera is a Time of Flight type (ToF) and it’s primary use is for distance measurement and for advanced face unlock. But that’s only if you are unlocking the phone while facing its back.
If you want to unlock the phone from the main screen, you’d have to rely on the in-display fingerprint instead.
Vivo says that the phone can boasts of plenty of features in the camera menu – from AI scene recognition to Body and Face Shaping. There’s a lot to play around with.
All these features are powered by a 3,500 mAh battery and supports fast charging at 10V/2.25A. It ships with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box with Funtouch OS 4.5 on top.
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of vivo NEX Dual Display below.
vivo NEX Dual Display Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 19(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
SIM Type & Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) / Funtouch OS 4.5
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 157.2 x 75.3 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 199 g
- Colours: Polar Blue
- Primary Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~84.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Secondary display (on the back): Super AMOLED, 5.49 inches, 1080 x 1920 pixels
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 10 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera
- Front-facing Camera
- No – uses main camera
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Support: MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, BDS, GNSS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Document viewer
- Photo/video editor
- Charging: Fast battery charging 10V/2.25A 22.5W
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: December 11, 2018
- Availability: December, 2018
vivo Nex Dual Display Edition Price
The vivo NEX Dual Display Edition is already up for pre-order in China with December 29 being the release date. However, pre-orders outside of China will begin soon. The price tag of the handset is CNY 4,998 ($720).
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.