The Lenovo S5 Pro GT is the third smartphone from the Chinese company announced alongside Lenovo Z5s and Z5 Pro GT and the lowest standing of the three. It gets its sporty name due to the upgrade to a Snapdragon 660 chipset, from the S636 of the S5 Pro that was unveiled a couple of months ago. And that of course affects the price.
The rest of the phone is unchanged from the vanilla S5 Pro – a metal body houses the 6.2-inch 19:9 screen with 1080p+ resolution. There’s a notch on top with a 20MP selfie camera (IMX476) and an 8MP infrared camera for 3D face scanning and effects.
The main camera on the back has a 12MP main camera (f/1.8) plus a 20MP 2x telephoto cam (f/2.6). Also here is the fingerprint reader.
The Lenovo S5 Pro GT boasts a 3,500mAh battery and 18W fast charging over USB-C. For audio there’s a 3.5mm headphone jack along with stereo speakers. The phone launches with ZUI-skinned Android 8.1 Oreo.
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of Lenovo S5 Pro GT below.
Lenovo S5 Pro GT Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat9 450/50 Mbps
SIM Type & Count
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) / ZUI10
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 154.5 x 75.5 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 170 g
- Colours: Black, Gold, Blue
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.2 inches, 96.9 cm2 (~83.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2246 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Main Camera
- Selfie Camera
- Dual: 20 MP, f/2.0, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm + 8 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Support: MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
- Charging: Fast battery charging 2A/9V 18W
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: December, 2018
- Availability: December 24, 2018
The GT model can be pre-ordered today and will ship on December 24 starting at CNY 1,200 ($175/€153). That’s for the model with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage. The 6/64GB model is just a bit more, CNY 1,300 ($189/€165). The 6/128GB configuration will be CNY 1,500 ($218/€190).
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.