Following the teaser in the early December, the Honor View 20 is finally unveiled. It was unveiled in China as Honor V20 on December 26, with a global launch to follow at an event in Paris, France on January 22.
The phone boasts of the potential trending feature in 2019 – an in-screen punch-hole selfie camera, and a 48 MP Sony IMX586 rear camera that’s joined by a 3D ToF sensor at the back. It will be the company’s first flagship in 2019.
The Honor V20 is sports a 6.4-inch LCD of 1080p resolution and an unusually tall ratio of 19.25:9. It is powered by Kirin 980, which is paired with either 6 GB RAM or 8 GB RAM, while the storage options are two – 128 GB and 256 GB. With the LCD panel, it means you will not get UD fingerprint scanner but there’s a conventional one at the back instead.
As far as camera is concerned, the display panel has a hole for the 25 MP selfie shooter, while the back commands dual camera setup with a huge 48 MP – 1/2-inch CMOS sensor (0.8 µm/pixel) with Quad-Bayer array that allows pixel binning for HDR 12 MP night shots.
The 3D ToF sensor along with the Kirin 980 chipset enable 3D body shaping, so you can look perfect in your full-height pictures.
Honor V20 (View 20) comes with EMUI and brings all the neat well-known Huawei features like Super Night View mode – hand-held long exposure shots. There is also EIS and GPU Turbo 2.0 comes out of the box.
The Honor V20 supports Huawei’s desktop mode so it can also be used as a desktop PC replacements when connected to a monitor, keyboard and a mouse.
It supports dual-frequency GPS positioning as well as a triple Wi-Fi antenna.
Battery is 4,000 mAh and comes with the 22.5W SuperCharge support – 4.5V/5A. It should fill the power cell up to 55% in 30 minutes or to the top for an hour and a half since this is how the Huawei Mate 20 performed with the same power setup in our tests.
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of Huawei Honor View 20 (Honor V20) below.
Huawei Honor View 20 (Honor V 20) Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 6(900), 8(900), 19(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
SIM Type & Count
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) / Magic UI 2.0
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 156.9 x 75.4 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 180 g
- Colours: Sea Blue, Red, Magic Night Black
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.4 inches, 101.4 cm2 (~85.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2310 pixels (~398 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Yes
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP10
- RAM: 6/8 GB, 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB, 256 GB
- External Storage: up to 256GB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera
- Selfie Camera
- Single: 25 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Music Support: MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/Flac player
- Video Support: DivX/XviD/MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Document editor
- Photo/video editor
- Charging: Fast battery charging 5V/4.5A 22.5W
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: December, 2018
- Availability: December, 2018
Honor View 20 (Honor V20) Price
- 6/128 GB variant – CNY2,999 ($435)
- 8/128 GB variant – CNY3,499 ($510)
- 8/256 GB variant – CNY3,999 ($580)
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.