The ZTE nubia Red Magic Mars gets to find itself among the big guns. It upgrades to a Snapdragon 845 chipset (the original had S835), there’s a system called ICE (dual heat pipe and convection cooling) that cools down the hot tempers of the God of War (after which the phone is named).
The Red Magic Mars offers up to 10GB of RAM and 256GB storage. The base model starts at 6/64GB, though. The phone runs Red Magic OS 1.6, which is based on Android 9.0 Pie. There’s a dedicated esports button that disables any distractions.
Games are played on the 6-inch IPS LCD screen (1,080 x 2,160px). There are two touch-sensitive areas on the side of the phone, which act like shoulder buttons. A linear motor is used to create the “4D Shock” haptic feedback. There are stereo speakers with DTS 7.1 audio for an overall engulfing experience (plus, directional sound is very important in many games for locating enemies).
You can buy Bluetooth-connected gaming controllers for even more hardware buttons. There’s also a box that combines USB-C charging and a 3.5mm headphone jack (it has a high-quality DAC inside). There’s also a headset with a microphone and other accessories.
The nubia Red Magic Mars comes with a 3,800mAh battery. There are Meteorite Black and Flame Red color options, plus a special Camo version for the top model. All have futuristic decals and the trademark RGB LED strip.
For capturing the real world, the Mars has a new 16MP camera with an f/1.8 lens (the original Red Magic had a 24MP f/1.7 camera). There’s a single 8MP selfie camera on the front.
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of ZTE nubia Red Magic Mars below.
ZTE nubia Red Magic Mars Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 30(2300), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (5CA) Cat18 1200/150 Mbps
SIM Type & Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) / nubia Red Magic OS
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 158.2 x 75 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 193 g
- Build: Front glass, aluminum body
- Colours: Black, Red, Camouflage
- RGB light panel (on the back)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.0 inches, 92.9 cm2 (~78.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Dinorex T2X-1 scratch/shock resistant glass
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 GB, 8 GB, 10 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera
- Front-Facing Camera
- Single: 8 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/FLAC/eAAC+ player
- Video Support: MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 5mm jack: Yes
- DTS HD sound
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
- Charging: Fast battery charging 5V/3A 16W
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3800 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: November, 2018
- Availability: December, 2018
- 6/64GB model: CNY 2,700
- 8/128GB model: CNY 3,200
- 10/256GB model: CNY 4,000
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.