The Lenovo Z5 Pro is yet another smartphone with a manual slider mechanism after the Mi Mix 3 and the Honor Magic 2. However, Lenovo claims to have beaten both when it comes to screen to body ratio and at much cheaper price to boot.
The surprise in the specs is that the Lenovo Z5 Pro is powered by a Snapdragon 710 instead of the top of the line Snapdragon 845 but the rest of it is mostly flagship stuff.
The phone sports a 6.39-inch display diagonally and has FHD+ (1080 x 2340) resolution. Lenovo says it’s covering more than 95% of the front panel and while that’s certainly optimistic (makers like to exclude the frame as part of the body) the direct comparison to the Mix 3 showed slimmer bezels. And the Chinese company isn’t shy to share that the screen is Samsung-made.
The Lenovo Z5 Pro doesn’t offer too many memory options – only 6GB of RAM with either 64 or 128GB of storage. There are no mentions of microSD card support so we can assume the storage is non-expandable.
On the back, the phone boasts a dual-camera setup with 16MP (Sony IMX576) main sensor with f/1.8 aperture and a secondary Sony IMX519 imager with 24MP resolution. The slider is a home to another dual-camera configuration – 16MP + 8MP for selfies and they are accompanied by an infrared sensor for advanced facial recognition.
Speaking of biometric security, the Z5 Pro incorporates an under-display fingerprint reader – one of the centerpiece features of the handset. A 3,350 mAh battery provides power and Android Oreo is running out of the box with ZUI 10 on top.
The only available color is Ceramic Black.
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of Lenovo Z5 Pro below.
Lenovo Z5 Pro Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
SIM Type & Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) / ZUI 10
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 155.1 x 73 x 9.3 mm
- Weight: 210 g
- Colours: Black
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~88.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera
- Dual: 16 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.6″, 1.22µm, PDAF + 24 MP, 1/2.8″, 0.9µm
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@120fps
- Front-facing Camera
- Dual: Mechanical pop-up 16 MP, f/2.2 + Mechanical pop-up 8 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Music Support: MP3/eAAC+/WAV player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264/FLAC player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 5mm jack: No
- Dolby Atmos sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Infrared face recognition, fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Document viewer
- Photo viewer/editor
- Charging: Fast battery charging
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3350 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: November 1, 2018
- Availability: November 11, 2018
- 6/64GB version costs CNY 1,998 ($287)
- 6/128GB version costs CNY 2,298 ($330)
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.