The Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2 is a ruggedized smartphone targeted at construction and public safety workers.
Priced $444, or $18.50 per month for 24 months, the phone is contained in a hard rubber exterior and meets the mil-spec 810G rating. In other words, it can withstand drops, shock, vibration, radiation, extreme temperatures, sleet, rain, and high elevations.
Furthermore, the DuraForce Pro 2 has an IP68 rating for protection against water; it can withstand submersion in up to five feet of water for up to 30 minutes. According to Kyocera, the phone can be used around harmful vapors without worry of sparking a fire.
Running Android 8.0 Oreo, the phone features a 5-inch HD (1920 x 1080) display protected by scratch-proof Sapphire Shield. Internally we find the DuraForce Pro 2 packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor with 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage. A microSD expansion card slot allows for up to 512GB worth of added space.
As far as camera is concerned, the rear has a 13-megapixel camera with wide 135-degree field of view, underwater mode, slow motion, and other options. Around front is a 5-megapixel sensor as well as powerful speakers that produce up to 106dB of sounds.
The DuraForce Pro 2 has four noise-cancelling mics to ensure that push-to-talk (PTT) calls, music, speakerphone, and other audio is well received. Rounding out the hardware is a programmable key for launching select apps as well as a 3,240mAh battery with fast and wireless charging capability. The fingerprint reader is located in the power button on the side of the phone.
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2 below.
Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 13(700), 66(1700/2100)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat9 450/50 Mbps
SIM Type & Count
- Nano SIM
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 150.2 x 73.4 x 13.5 mm
- Weight: 243 g
- Colours: Black
- IP68 dust/water proof (up to 2m for 30 mins)
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Push-to-talk button
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.0 inches, 68.9 cm2 (~62.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~441 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Sapphire crystal glass
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 508
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB
- Main Storage
- Front-facing Camera
- Single: 5 MP
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264/WMV player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/i/r/k, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
- Qi wireless charging: Yes
- Charging: Fast battery charging
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3240 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: November, 2018
- Availability: November, 2018
- Launched Price: $444
Note: The Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2 is only available online at Verizon’s website (USA).
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.