The Meizu Note 8 has been unveiled as an affordable alternative to the X8. It comes with the same dual camera on its back, a slightly smaller screen, slightly bigger battery and the price tag was cut down by a third.
The metal body which is available in four colours houses a 6-inch notch-free screen with an 18:9 aspect ratio and 1,080 x 2,160px resolution. The Note 8 is powered by a Snapdragon 632 coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage. Out of the box it runs Flyme OS based on Android Oreo.
As far as camera is concerned, the Meizu Note 8 has a dual camera on its back, a 12+5MP shooter. The main sensor is a Sony IMX362 with large 1.4µm pixels and Dual Pixel AF. It has a decently bright f/1.9 aperture and is paired with a 5MP depth sensor.
Around the front there’s an 8MP (f/2.0) selfie camera with face recognition support. Alternatively, you can use the fingerprint reader on the back.
The Note 8 has a 3,600mAh battery with 18W fast charging (mCharge), which, unfortunately, uses the microUSB port. At least while keeping it old-school, Meizu put a 3.5mm headphone jack on the bottom.
Again, the Meizu Note 8 is available for pre-order today and launches in China next month. Whether or not it sees a Western release remains to be seen.
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of Meizu Note 8 below.
Meizu Note 8 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA – China
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 – China
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) – China
- Data Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
SIM Type & Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) / Flyme UI
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 153.6 x 75.5 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 168 g
- Colours: Black, Blue, Red, Pink
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.0 inches, 92.9 cm2 (~80.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM632 Snapdragon 632 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 250 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 250 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera
- Dual: 12 MP, f/1.9, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF + 5 MP, depth sensor
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Front-facing Camera
- Single: 8 MP, f/2.0
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 а/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Document editor
- Photo/video editor
- Charging: Fast battery charging: mCharge (18W)
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3600 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: October 25, 2018
- Availability: November 1, 2018
- Launched Price: CNY 1,300 ($185/€165)
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.