Huawei has finally unveiled the long-awaited Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro and also decided to add icing on the cake with the launching of the largest gaming phone – the Mate 20 X – and more luxury version – the Mate 20 RS Porsche Design.
Huawei Mate 20 X
Huawei Mate 20 X comes with a 7.2-inches, flat OLED panel with 1,080 x 2,244px resolution and a teardrop notch. The X model is a mix of Pro and the regular features in more ways than one.
Huawei is also aiming at Samsung’s Note flagships with the introduction of the M-Pen. The screen has the ability to sense up to 4,096 levels of pressure with one, however, if you love note-taking on the large-screen, you’ll have to buy the accessory separately. The annoying thing about the Pen and the Phone, is that there’s no slot for it in the phone.
Back to the gaming world. The Kirin 980 chipset is the first to use the powerful Mali-G76 GPU, which is 50% faster than a G72. Huawei’s GPU Turbo 2.0 tech promises fast, smooth game play.
And to keep that promise, the Mate 20 X features Huawei Supercool – the company’s name for a vapor chamber cooling with a graphene film heat spreader.
The X has the biggest battery in the Mate 20 family,too, with a 5,000mAh capacity.
Huawei Mate 20 X uses the more advanced triple camera of the Mate 20 Pro instead of the Mate 20’s slightly downgraded setup and it’s €150 cheaper than the Pro. This makes it the cheaper way to get the 40MP quad Bayer sensor, plus the 3x optical zoom of the 8MP telephoto camera and the 20MP ultra-wide angle camera.
The Huawei Mate 20 X will launch on October 26. The sizable gaming phone will cost €900 for its only 6/128GB version.
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of Huawei Mate 20 X below.
Huawei Mate 20 X Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 6(900), 7(2600), 8(900), 9(1800), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300) – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat18 1200/150 Mbps
SIM Type & Count
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) / EMUI 9.0
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 174.6 x 85.4 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 232 g
- Build: Front/back glass & aluminum frame
- Colours: Midnight Blue, Phantom Silver
- IP53 dust and splash protection
- Stylus (Huawei M-Pen sold separately)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 7.2 inches, 130.7 cm2 (~87.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2244 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio (~346 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)
- HDR10 compliant
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP10
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: Yes, NM card, up to 256GB (uses SIM 2)
- Main Camera
- Triple: 40 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF/Laser AF + 20 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultra-wide), 1/2.7″, PDAF/Laser AF + 8 MP, f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto), 1/4″, 5x optical zoom, OIS, PDAF/Laser AF
- Features: Leica optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] (gyro-EIS), [email protected]
- Front-facing Camera
- Single: 24 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Music Support: MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/FLAC player
- Video Support: DivX/XviD/MP4/H.265/WMV player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; USB Host
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Document editor
- Photo/video editor
- Charging: Fast battery charging 4.5V/5A (58% in 30 min)
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: October, 2018
- Availability: October, 2018
- Launched Price: €900
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.