For people like me who tends to go around for most part of the business day with a not-smartphone, this is for you. Plus these days people are generally beginning to reject a lifestyle of constant tech and embracing a love for nostalgia. So it makes sense that there’s still a market for feature phones, or dumb phones if you want to use a straight antonym for smartphones. With that in mind there’s a new CAT feature phone – Cat B35 – on the market, complete with rugged features and 4G-powered apps.
Just like all CAT phones, it’s got IP68 water and dustproofing, has been drop-tested from a height of 1.8 metres, and has been tested to military specifications to ensure that it can handle some serious torture.
Obviously, being a feature phone we don’t expect killer hardware specs, but it does come with a dual-core 1.3GHz processor, 4GB of storage, 512MB of RAM, a microSD card slot, a 2MP camera, and a 2.4-inch QVGA display.
The B35 has a 2,300 mAh battery, GPS, a built-in torch, WiFi, and Google Assistant. It also runs on the feature phone-specific KaiOS, which comes with its own app store, and has a bundle of pre-loaded apps like YouTube, Google Maps, and web browsing. It also has a headphone jack, VoLTE, VoWiFi, and can function as a WiFi hotspot.
So if you don’t like smartphones for whatever reason, and need a phone that can handle more than the old-school Nokia 3310, this is worth checking out.
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of Cat B35 below.
Cat B35 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)
- Data Speed: HSPA, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
SIM Type & Count
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 138 x 60 x 14 mm
- Weight: 130 g
- Colours: Black
- IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1.2m for 35 mins)
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Drop-to-concrete resistance from up to 1.8m
- Type: TFT
- Size: 2.4 inches, 17.8 cm2 (~21.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels, 4:3 ratio (~167 ppi density)
- Protection: Scratch-proof glass
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8905 Snapdragon 205
- CPU: Dual-core (2×1.3 GHz Cortex-A7)
- GPU: Adreno 304
- RAM: 512 MB
- Internal Storage: 4 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Phonebook: Yes
- Call records: Yes
- Main Camera
- Single: 2 MP
- Features: LED flash
- Video: [email protected]
- Front-Facing Camera: No
- Music Support: MP3/MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: 4.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer
- Messaging: SMS, MMS
- Browser: Yes
- Charging: Regular
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: September, 2018
- Availability: October, 2018
- Launched Price: £99
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.