The Meizu V8 is an entry-level smartphone with a 5.7 inches 18:9 display panel. The phone comes in two models – regular and V8 Pro – which cost CNY 800 and CNY 1,100 respectively (that’s $115/€100 and $160/€140).
Both unit comes with a resolution of 720 x 1,440px screen that promises 1,000:1 contrast ratio and a brightness of 450nits. The batteries are almost the same – 3,200mAh for the regular and 3,100mAh for the Pro. The actual difference between the duo starts from the build material to their chipset, memory and camera.
The Meizu V8 sports a polycarbonate body and is powered by a MediaTek MT6739 chipset (quad A53 CPU) with 3GB of RAM and 32GB storage.
The V8’s rear camera has a 13MP sensor and f/2.2 lens, the selfie cam is the same 5MP f/1.9 module (same face unlock functionality too). Or you could use the fingerprint reader that’s on the back of both phones.
Meizu V8 Pro
The Meizu V8 Pro is made of metal and sports a MediaTek Helio P22 chipset (octa A53 CPU) with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage. The rear camera is a 12+5MP setup (with f/2.2 apertures and bokeh mode) while the selfie camera is a 5MP f1/9 shooter with face unlock.
Both the V8 and V8 Pro come in Black, but the second color is different – White for the base model and Gold for the Pro. Tmall shows additional color options (Purple and Blue), but those are marked “unavailable” and the price is a placeholder, so the info on the page still needs to be updated.
You can pre-order a Meizu V8 or V8 Pro today and it will ship out on September 26.
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of Meizu V8 / V8 Pro below.
Meizu V8 / Meizu V8 Pro Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA – China
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 – China
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) – China
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps / HSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps (Pro version)
SIM Type & Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) / Flyme UI
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 148 x 73 x 8.4 mm / 147.5 x 72.7 x 8.1 mm (Pro version)
- Weight: 145 g / 159 g (Pro version)
- Colours: Black, White / Black, Gold (Pro version)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.7 inches, 83.8 cm2 (77.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1440 pixels, 18:9 ratio (282 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6739 / Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (Pro version)
- CPU: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 / Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 (Pro version)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8100 / PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3 GB / 4 GB (Pro version)
- Internal Storage: 32 GB / 64 GB (Pro version)
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB
- Main Camera
- Single: 13 MP, f/2.2, AF / Dual: 12 MP, f/2.2, AF + 5 MP, f/2.2 (Pro version)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Front–facing Camera
- Single: 5 MP, f/1.9
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot / Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot (Pro version)
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE / 5.0, A2DP, LE (Pro version)
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Document editor
- Photo/video editor
- Charging: Regular
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery / 3100 mAh (Pro version)
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: September 19, 2018
- Availability: September 26, 2018
- Launched Price: €100 / €150 (Pro version)
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.
Where To Buy Meizu V8 or the Pro version
It’s available on Meizu.com, but also Tmall, JD and Suning.