The adoption of iPhone X design in the 2018 set of iPhones automatically bids goodbye to the old design that has been with us since 2014. The 2017 iPhone X is now the blueprint for Apple’s future models. This includes features (Face ID instead of a fingerprint reader) and design choices (the notch).
Apple has just unveiled its new sets of smartphones iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. The XR is the last of iPhones that still uses an LCD screen While the XR and its Max model makes use of AMOLED display.
Apple iPhone XS
The Apple iPhone XS builds on the hardware and features from the last year model with little changes – making it the S model. Though, the outside is no different but the “true beauty is on the inside”.
The Apple A12 Bionic chipset will advance Android flagships in performance and it is boosted with more RAM, plus a cool 512GB storage option. The base remains at 64GB and there’s a 256GB version too.
The iPhone XS sports a 5.8-inch screen with the same resolution as last year’s model – 1,125 x 2,436px. Pixel density matches the Max model, same for the touch frame rate (120Hz). Apple also upgraded the stereo speakers to deliver wider sound.
The two iPhone XS models are playing it safe when it comes to color options. The smaller Xs does gain the Gold paint job (which the iPhone X lacked), but the other two – Silver and Space Gray – are standard. There’s no Red (yet).
Apple introduced Dual SIM functionality to its iPhones, sort of. In the West, the embedded SIM (eSIM) is used in addition to the single SIM slot to offer dual SIM functionality.
China will get a special model that actually has two physical SIM slots.
Checkout the full specs, features, availability and price of iPhone XS below.
iPhone XS Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 14(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 29(700), 30(2300), 32(1500), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 46, 66(1700/2100), 71(600)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
SIM Type & Count
- Nano-SIM and e-SIM
- iOS 12
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 143.6 x 70.9 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 177 g
- Build: Front/back glass, stainless steel frame
- Colours: Space Gray, Silver, Gold
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 2m for 30 mins)
- Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.8 inches, 84.4 cm2 (~82.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1125 x 2436 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~458 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- Dolby Vision/HDR10 compliant
- Wide color gamut display
- 3D Touch display
- True-tone display
- 120 Hz touch-sensing
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Apple A12 Bionic
- CPU: Hexa-core
- GPU: Apple GPU (4-core graphics)
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64/256/512 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera
- Front-facing Camera
- Single: 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player
- Video Support: MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- Sensors: Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Messaging: iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- Browser: HTML5 (Safari)
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- iCloud cloud service
- Audio/video/photo editor
- Document editor
- Charging: Fast battery charging: 50% in 30 min
- Qi wireless charging
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: September 12, 2018
- Availability: September 21, 2018
- Launched Price: iPhone XS (64GB) goes for $1,000/€1,149/£999
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.