Xiaomi has just introduced the long-awaited Xiaomi Pocophone F1 at an event in India. This is the first of new smartphone series from the company’s portfolio and it offer what we termed as real value-for-money.
The Pocophone F1 (called Poco F1 in India) comes with a 6.18-inch LCD with a notch and Full HD+ resolution (2246 x 1080 pixels in 18.7:9 ratio). The front of the F1 does not have any physical buttons, but there is infrared sensor for face unlock stuck in the notch. The screen is protected with a Gorilla Glass, though the version is still unknown.
The new phone is powered by the flagship Snapdragon 845 chipset, yet it’s still the cheapest smartphone to boast of such. The processor is paired with either 6 GB RAM or 8 GB RAM. The three storage options are 64GB, 128GB and 256 GB.
As far as camera is concern, the Pocophone F1 packs a dual rear camera setup of 12 MP + 5 MP. On paper that setup hardware is similar to that of the Xiaomi Mi 8 SE, with the main Sony IMX363 sensor packing 1.4µm pixels and sitting behind f/1.9 lens. The selfie camera boasts of a whopping 20 MP still with an f/2.0 lens.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 runs on MIUI 9.6 based on Android Oreo. However, it a modified version called MIUI for Poco and packs a new Poco theme, looks similar to Nova Launcher. We expect the phone to receive MIUI 10 sooner with Android Pie in the next three months.
The battery of the F1 surely is impressive – 4,000 mAh capacity with 18W Quick Charge 3.0 capabilities with a QC3 charger in the retail box.
Checkout the full specifications, features, availability and price of Xiaomi Pocophone F1 below.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
SIM Type & Count
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) / MIUI 9.6 (POCO customization)
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 155.5 x 75.3 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 180 g
- Build: Front glass, plastic body
- Colours: Graphite Black, Steel Blue, Rosso Red, Armored Edition with Kevlar
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.18 inches, 96.2 cm2 (~82.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2246 pixels, 18.7:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 GB, 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB, 256 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Main Camera
- Selfie Camera
- Single: 20 MP, f/2.0, 0.9µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Music Support: MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.265 player
- Video Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Infrared face recognition, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
- Charging: Fast battery charging 9V/2A (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: August 22, 2018
- Availability: August 29, 2018
- Launched Price: INR20,999 ($300)
Where Can I Buy Xiaomi Pocophone F1?
First sale will take place online on August 29 – mi.com and Flipkart will offer the phone and they will be offering a special launch discount of INR 1,000.
Global prices and availability dates will be revealed on August 27 at three simultaneous events in Jakarta, Paris, and Hong Kong
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.