Android P – Are you still being ruled by Android 6 Marshmallow downward? Well, it’s high time to move up now because the world is gradually leaving you behind.
Those that are still stalk withÂ Android 6 MarshmallowÂ andÂ Android 7 nougat still haveÂ time to upgrade to AndroidÂ 8 oreo.
ALSO READ:Â All Nokia Smartphones Will Get Android P
Reason for the above is that Google will be officially announcing itss next mobile OS – Android P – to the world on August 20, 2018Â and the tech giant is also expected to officially drop the name on the same day.
â€” Evan Blass (@evleaks) August 2, 2018
Key Highlights of Android P Features You Might Not Know
- Screenshot editing:Â You can crop and draw on screenshots you capture. This has been a long time coming.
- Zoom lens for text selection:Â Like iOS has had since forever, when you select text, on P you can get a nice magnified view of the area above your finger.
- App Timer:Â Another step towards Digital Wellbeing is the App Timer feature which lets you set time limits on apps you use for a more extended period.
- Wind Down:Â Many of us spend hours on our phones at night before we actually fall asleep. Wind Down will help you curb this habit by switching on Night Light and turning on theÂ Do Not Disturb mode at your chosen bedtime.
- Slices:Â â€˜Slicesâ€™Â is one of the best Android P features which come in handy at several places. It lets you perform basic application activities outside the app.
Android P will come withÂ Adaptive batteryÂ and many more features.
Do you have any idea of what Google will call Android P?Â Share it with us in below comment box.