vivo NEX S Specifications, Features and Price – Come With in-display fingerprint and 91% screen-to-body ratio
Vivo has turned its APEX concept into a real commercially-ready smartphone – two of those, in fact. The more premium model is called NEX S and offers flagship internals and several unique features.
The NEX S commands an impressive 91.24% screen-to-body ratio by forgoing the notch and having a minimal chin on the bottom. They call it Ultra FullView Display and uses a 6.59-inch Super AMOLED panel with FHD+ (2316 x 1080px) resolution and a unique 19.3:9 ratio.
More significantly, the display integrates the cool in-display tech that we saw in the concept and the X21 UD. And since the panel takes up virtually all of the space on the front, the vivo NEX S brings the promised periscope-like camera with an 8MP sensor and f/2.0 aperture.
Of course, the phone is expected to be powered by a Snapdragon 845 chipset coupled with 8GB of RAM and either 128GB or the whopping 256GB of internal storage.
Unfortunately, the camera department is a not too impressive for such a phone compared to its competitors, at least on paper. The back sports a 12MP f/1.8 sensor paired with 5MP f/2.4 unit – a setup that has been recycled from the X21 UD. We were expecting something more exciting from a top of the line smartphone, but perhaps its real-life performance will surprise us.
All of this hardware is powered by a fairly big 4,000 mAh battery that can be filled quickly thanks to the included 22.5W charger in the box. Funtouch OS 4.0 runs on top of the Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with a bunch of AI enhancements.
Checkout the full specs of vivo NEX S below.
vivo NEX S Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (4CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
SIM Type and Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) / Funtouch OS 4
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 162 x 77 x 8 mm
- Weight: 199 g
- Colours: Black, Red
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.59 inches, 107.3 cm2 (~86.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2316 pixels (~388 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128/256 GB
- External Storage: No
- Rear: Dual: 12 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.5″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF) + 5 MP (f/2.4), 4-axis OIS, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Front-facing: Pop-up 8 MP (f/2.0)
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: To Be Confirmed
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, BDS, GNSS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- Browser: HTML5
- Document viewer
- Photo/video editor
- Charging: Fast battery charging 22W
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: June, 2018
- Availability: June 23, 2018
- Launched Price: The standard 8GB/128GB version will go for CNY 4,498 ($702) while the beefed-up model with 8GB/256GB memory configuration will go for CNY 4,998 ($780).
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.