vivo NEX A Specifications, Features and Price – Features Snapdragon 710
Vivo has unveiled the market ready version of its APEX concept smartphone, which made the world awed at MWC in February. And while the vivo NEX S is the new flagship phone, the NEX A follows it to complement it in the Chinese company’s roster, bringing with it a lower price.
Reason is because the NEX A is powered by the Snapdragon 710 SoC, and not the 845 in the S. It comes with a ‘vanilla’ fingerprint sensor on the back, and not an under-display unit.
The NEX A also settles for 6GB of RAM and 128GB of non-expandable built-in storage, whereas all of the other specs are identical to those of the NEX S. So it is built around a 6.59″ notch-free Full HD+ Super AMOLED touchscreen with a 91.24% screen-to-body ratio, and a 4,000 mAh battery.
The NEX A, like the NEX S, features a dual rear camera setup with a 12 MP f/1.8 main sensor (Sony IMX363) with Dual Pixel autofocus, 1.4um pixels, OIS and EIS, aided by a 5 MP f/2.4 secondary camera.
Selfies are taken care of by the Elevating Front Camera. The periscope-like thing has 8 MP resolution and f/2.0 aperture.
The vivo NEX A runs Android 8.1 Oreo with Funtouch OS 4.0. It has a 3.5mm headset jack on the top side, a USB-C port for fast charging (a 22.5W charger comes in the box), dual-SIM functionality, and one single speaker on the bottom.
Checkout the full specs of vivo NEX A below.
vivo NEX A Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A Cat15 800/150 Mbps
SIM Type and Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) / Funtouch OS 4
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 162 x 77 x 8 mm
- Weight: 199 g
- Colours: Black, Red
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.59 inches, 107.3 cm2 (~86.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2316 pixels (~388 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.7 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: No
- Rear: Dual: 12 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.5″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF) + 5 MP (f/2.4), 4-axis OIS, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Front-facing: Pop-up 8 MP (f/2.0)
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: To Be Confirmed
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, BDS, GNSS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- Browser: HTML5
- Document viewer
- Photo/video editor
- Charging: Fast battery charging 22W
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: June, 2018
- Availability: June 23, 2018
- Launched Price: € 600
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.