Telegram now has a new update, taking the version tag number to 4.8.10. It comes with new features such as addition of several new things like replaceable media, text hyperlinks in chat, and many more. Without wasting words, let’s go ahead with whatâ€™s new via the changelog below.
- Mark chats as Read or Unread from the long tap menu
- Listen to voice and video messages in 2X mode if you’re in a hurry
- Choose which data to send when sharing contacts, including multiple phone numbers and other vCard fields
- Replace media when editing messages with media content
- Cancel sending messages before they are sent
- Use “create link” in the formatting menu to make text URLs
- Improved UX when browsing Global Search results
- Improved censorship circumvention
Firstly, in Telegram’s blog post, is the ability to replace media and add captions to anything that previously didn’t have something. This simply means that for the users who send the wrong photos, for example (check the gif below) have the ability to swap it for the correct ones. To change them, just edit the message and select the paper clip, then the file you wanted to send in the first place.
Ability to Preview chats by holding on the profile picture in the main list, cancelling messages before they’re sent, and adding hyperlinks to selected text are all limited to the Android version of this update.
Finally in this update, you will get the option of which contact vCard data to share (including multiple phone numbers), 2x playback speed with voice and video messages, mark chats as read or unread from the main menu, and returning to your Global Search results after backing out of a chat.