Motorola Moto Z3 Play Specifications, Features and Price
Motorola has unveiled the new Moto Z3 Play. The phone comes just a year after the Moto Z2 Play and pioneers the new Z3 series.
The Z3 Play features a 6-inch Super AMOLED screen of 1,080 x 2,160 pixels. The bezels are trimmed significantly, especially around the chin, and that’s why the fingerprint sensor has been moved to the left side – just like on the Xperia bunch a while back.
The Z3 Play runs Snapdragon 636 chipset – a welcome improvement over the 626 chip. There is new processor with eight Kryo 260 cores and a new Adreno 509 GPU. And now both the 32GB and 64GB models will come with 4 gigs of RAM.
The camera department has got an upgrade, too. The main camera at the back keeps the 12MP sensor, once again sitting behind f/1.7 lens, but also receives a secondary 5MP snapper to help with those trendy background effects. Dual-Pixel autofocus is available, as well as the dual-tone LED flash.
The selfie imager is now an 8MP one behind f/2.0 lens, but it has lost the LED flash. You can use the screen as night light instead, so it’s not a total loss.
The Moto Z3 Play has a 3,000 mAh battery inside its thin body and it supports TurboPower 15W charging. The Z3 Play runs on Android Oreo with all Moto perks available – Moto Display, Actions, Camera, among others.
Motorola Moto Z3 Play Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 28(700)
- Data Speed: HSPA, LTE
SIM Type and Count
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 76.5 x 6.8 mm (6.16 x 3.01 x 0.27 in)
- Weight: 156 g (5.50 oz)
- Build: Front/rear glass (Gorilla Glass 3), aluminum frame (6000 series)
- Colours: Deep Indigo
- Splash and dust resistant
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.01 inches, 93.2 cm2 (~77.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260
- GPU: Adreno 509
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32/64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 400 GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear: Dual: 12 MP (f/1.7, 1.4Âµm, DP PDAF) + 5 MP, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, Auto-HDR
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Front-facing: 8 MP (f/2.0, 1.12Âµm), 1080p
- Music Support: MP3/AAC+/WAV/Flac player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 3.5 mm to USB-C headphone adapter incl.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, magnetic connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
- Charging: Fast battery charging 15W
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: June, 2018
- Availability: June, 2018
- Launched Price: $500
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.