Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Specifications, Features and Price
Xiaomi, one of the biggest company in China has today unveiled its latest flagship lineup to celebrate its 8th-year anniversary. Comprising of the Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 SE, and Mi 8 Explorer Edition, it’s pretty a suitable reply to all the iPhone X, LG G7, Huawei P20, and OnePlus 6 devices of the world.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition is unquestionably the most interesting version of the Mi 8, and it’s also has the nice specs. It has the same specs as that of the regular Mi 8 but attached some cool feature to itself.
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer features a notched 6.21-inch Samsung AMOLED display with an Always-On functionality and a FHD+ resolution of 1080 by 2248 pixels proudly sits at the front.
It is powered by a Snapdragon 845, aided by 8 GB of RAM, and available with 128 GB of storage. The notch also houses infrared sensors and camera that’s used to 3D scan your face and allows you to easily unlock it even in the dark.
As far as camera is concerned, the phone has two 12MP cameras at the back with bit 1.4um pixels and 4-axis OIS. There’s dual-pixel autofocus and AI-aided portrait mode. The AI is also used for scene detection. Up front, we get a 20MP front camera with 1.8um pixels and AI selfies and various beauty modes. Checkout the full specs of Xiaomi Mi 8 below.
The Cool Aspects Of Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer
There’s an in-display fingerprint scanner, and this makes Xiaomi one of the first manufacturers to employ this up and coming technology on a device of its own, joining the ranks of Huawei.
Again, talking about the coolest aspect of the phone, is its translucent back which lets you take a peek at its insides. That really is a trend we might begin to see soon – industrial design raised to new levels of cool!
This version of the Mi 8 will also come with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage at the very special price of CNY3,699 ($577).
Checkout the full specs of Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer below.
Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE
- Data Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
SIM Type and Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) / MIUI 10
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 154.9 x 74.8 x 7.6 mm
- Weight 177 g
- Build: Glass body like iPhone X
- Colours: Black (transparent back)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.21 inches, 97.1 cm2 (~83.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2248 pixels (~402 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass (unspecified version)
- HDR display
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: No
- Rear: Dual: 12 MP (f/1.8, 1.4µm, 4-axis OIS, dual-pixel PDAF) + 12 MP (f/2.4), 2x optical zoom, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/240fps
- Front-facing: 20 MP (f/2.0, 1.8µm), 1080p
- Music Support: MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.265 player
- Video Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Type-C to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Face ID, fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
- Charging: Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 4.0+)
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: May 31, 2018
- Availability: June, 2018
- Launched Price: CNY3,699 ($577)
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.