WhatsApp Latest Update: Group Chat Gets New Features
WhatsApp has today took to its blog to announce a series of new features for group chats. One latest feature allows for a description of the group to be posted. This explains the group’s “purpose, guidelines, or topics” and will be visible at the top of the screen to new members.
The “@” button now found at the bottom right of a group chat allows users who have been away, to catch up. Tapping on the symbol will allow members to see all messages that mention them since their last visit to the group, or reply to a previous message that they sent.
Read below the features released by WhatsApp today.
- Group description: A short blurb found under group info that allows you to set the purpose, guidelines, or topics for the group. When a new person joins a group, the description will show up at the top of the chat.
- Admin controls: In group settings, there’s now a control that allows admins to restrict who can change the group’s subject, icon, and description.
- Group catch up: When you’ve been away from a group chat, quickly catch up on messages that mention or reply to you by tapping on a new @ button that appears at the bottom right corner of the chat.
- Participant search: Find anyone in a group by searching for participants on the group info page.
- Admins can now remove admin permissions of other group participants, and group creators can no longer be removed from the group they started.
All of these new features have started rolling out today to WhatsApp users on iOS or Android platforms. So, incase you are yet to get your, just relax, you will get.