Nokia X6 Specifications, Features and Price
After unlimited leaks from here and there, HMD Global has announced the Nokia X6 – the first member of the reincarnated X-series – in China. As expected, the device features mid-range hardware wrapped in a premium body. The latter boasts 95% glass coverage and metal side frame.
The Nokia X6 features a 5.8-inch FHD+ (1080 x 2280 pixels) display with 19:9 aspect ratio protected a by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 layer on top. The Nokia X6 is powered by a Snapdragon 636 SoC paired with 4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB of internal storage or 6GB of RAM and 64GB storage that can be expanded via microSD (hybrid slot).
This the first Nokia handset to spot a notch at the top of its screen, housing a 16MP front-facing snapper with f/2.0 aperture and face unlock capabilities. There’s a standard fingerprint sensor on the back.
The back panel also houses a dual-camera setup consisting of a standard 16MP unit with f/2.0 aperture and a 5MP monochrome sensor with f/2.2 lens. All of the cameras are aided by some nifty AI tricks – background blur, face recognition, dynamic expression and filters.
The battery is rated at 3,060 mAh and it’s charged over a USB-C connector up to Quick Charge 3.0 speeds. That should give you about 50% in 30 minutes. The OS behind it all is Android 8.1 Oreo and the phone is promised to receive an update to Android P.
The Nokia X6 can be bought on May 21 in China starting at CNY1,299 ($204) for the most modest 4GB/32GB variant. The 4GB/64GB version is CNY1,449 ($236), while 6GB/64GB will set you back CNY1,699 ($266). The colors variants are blue, black and silver. Availability outside of China is yet to be confirmed.
Nokia X6 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
SIM Type and Count
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 147.2 x 71 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: g
- Colours: Black, Blue, White
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.8 inches, 84.0 cm2 (~80.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~435 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636
- CPU: Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260
- GPU: Adreno 509
- RAM: 4 GB, 4/6 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB, 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Rear: Dual: 16 MP (f/2.0, 1.0µm, giro-EIS) + 5 MP (f/2.2, 1.2µm), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Front-facing: 16 MP (f/2.0, 1.0µm)
- Music Support: MP4/H.264 player
- Video Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
- Charging: Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3060 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: May 16, 2018
- Availability: May, 2018
- Launched Price: € 250
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.