LG G7 ThinQ Specifications, Features and Price
LG has finally launched the G7 with the Korean company’s odd assertion to add the stroppy “ThinQ” branding.
Starting by glancing through the front of the phone, LG G7 ThinQ comes with the reigning feature – the notch. The company has decided to buy into the current trend with its fresh new 6.1-inch 19.5:9 3120 x 1440 pixel display. It’s an evolution on the Full Vision panel, now surrounded by even thinner bezels.
The screen is HDR 10 compliant and protected by a Gorilla Glass 5 protective layer.
As for the notch itself, LG maintains it’s a “new second screen”. The company pioneered secondary screens with the V-series back in the day, but has switched its phablets to conventional OLED panels since.
The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 845 chipset, coupled with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage that is expandable via microSD. A flagship chipset also implies the a standard connectivity set, including LTE-A, 3-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.16/13 (1Gbps/150Mbps) Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0 and Dual-SIM support in some markets.
As far as camera is concerned, the G7 sticks to the tried and true LG formula, with a pair of 16MP snappers – one with a 71-degree field of view, the other, with a super wide 107-degree one. The primary module sits behind an f/1.6 lens and is complete with OIS, phase detection and laser autofocus. An 8MP, f/1.9, 90-degree camera takes care of selfies.
The LG G7 ThinQ has a 3,000 mAh battery to keep it alive, charges through the Type-C port, at up to Quick Charge 3.0 rates. Qnovo battery tech is on board, to prolong the battery endurance over the years. It runs on Android Orea.
LG G7 ThinQ Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
SIM Type and Count
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.0 (Oreo), planned upgrade to Android 9.0 (P)
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 153.2 x 71.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 162 g
- Build: Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Colours: New Platinum Gray, New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue, Raspberry Rose
- IP68 certified – dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.1 inches, 91.0 cm2 (82.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3120 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (564 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 100% DCI-P3 coverage
- Dolby Vision/HDR10 compliant
- Always-on display
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 4 GB/6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB/128 GB (128 GB version is also known as LG G7+)
- External Storage: microSD, up to 400 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only
- Rear: Dual: 16 MP (f/1.6, OIS, laser&PDAF) + 16 MP (f/1.9), laser & phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, HDR, 24-bit/192kHz stereo sound rec.
- Front-facing: 8 MP (f/1.9), 1080p
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/FLAC/eAAC+ player
- Video Support: MP4/DviX/XviD/H.265 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- DTS-X sound
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document editor
- Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 3.0)
- WPC&PMA wireless charging (US version only)
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: May 2, 2018
- Availability: Q2, 2018
- Launched Price: To Be Announced
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.