HTC U12+ Specifications, Features and Price
Though the company is in a tough spot but it just puts its best combatants in the field to preserve its position. The HTC U12+ is an upgrade on the U11+ with the companyâ€™s first flagship dual camera since the One (M8), HDR10 screen and, of course, a Snapdragon 845.
The HTC U12+ comes in roughly the same body (IP68 waterproofing and all), but the 6-inch Super LCD6 display now supports HDR10 and DCI-P3. Itâ€™s a tall 18:9 screen with 1,440 x 2,280 pixel resolution (537ppi). The pressure-sensitive frame of the phone enables Edge Sense squeeze gestures.
The phone is powered by the newer Snapdragon 845 chipset and has 6 GB of RAM (its predecessor had 4 and 6 GB versions). Storage is 64 GB or 128 GB with a microSD slot for topping that up. The phone will launch with Android 8.0 Oreo and HTC has already committed to updating it to Android P.
The dual camera on the rear features a 12 MP UltraPixel sensor, which now has a 16 MP companion, which offers 2x optical zoom. The main sensor features an f/1.8 lens with OIS and Phase detection plus Laser autofocus.
The video capabilities have been upped to 4K resolution at 60 fps to match the best in the field. And 1080p video capture goes up to 240 fps. Camera improvements do not end here â€“ the selfie camera is also a dual shooter with two 8 MP sensors.
Despite the glass back, the U12+ doesn’t support wireless charging and its battery is smaller than that of the U11+ – 3,500 mAh vs 3,930 mAh for the outgoing model.
Find below the full specs of HTC U12+.
HTC U12+ Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 49, 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (5CA) Cat18 1200/150 Mbps
SIM Type and Count
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.0 (Oreo), planned upgrade to Android 9.0 (P)/ HTC Sense UI
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 156.6 x 73.9 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 188 g
- Build: Front/back glass & aluminum frame
- Colours: Translucent Blue, Ceramic Black, Flame Red
- IP68 certified – dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Pressure-sensitive buttons
- Type: Super LCD6 capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.0 inches, 92.9 cm2 (80.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 2880 pixels, 18:9 ratio (537 PPI)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- DCI-P3 & HDR10 compliant
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 400 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Rear: Dual: 12 MP (f/1.8, 1.4Âµm, Dual Pixel PDAF) + 16 MP (f/2.6, 1.0Âµm), phase detection & laser autofocus, OIS, gyro-EIS, 2x optical zoom, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Video: 2160p@60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, HDR, 24-bit/96kHz stereo sound rec.
- Front-facing: Dual: 8 MP (f/2.0, 1.12Âµm), 1080p, HDR, panorama
- Music Support: MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/FLAC player
- Video Support: XviD/MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: No
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
- Browser: HTML5
- Document editor
- Photo/video editor
- Charging: Fast battery charging: 50% in 35 min (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: May 23, 2018
- Availability: June, 2018
- Launched Price: â‚¬800
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.