ZTE nubia Red Magic Specifications, Features and Price
Yes, we have a new gaming smartphone. Nubia has unveiled the Red Magic, just like Xiaomi’s Black Shark, the Red Magic, designed with gaming in mind. It features an edgy shape which is inspired by a battleship, while some configurable LED strips impress from the back. There are also three vents for some sort of air cooling and graphite layers for quick and even heat dispersion.
The Red Magic packs a 6″ LTPS display of 2,160 x 1,080 px resolution. The whole thing is covered by a piece of NEG Dinorex T2X-1 glass.
While the design and flashy strips are probably the phone’s highlights, the chipset to power those games is also of utmost importance. In the case of the Nubia Red Magic that is the Snapdragon 835 SoC with either 6GB or 8GB of RAM, depending on the storage option you choose – 64GB or 128GB. Now that is not the most current Snapdragon, and obviously behind the 845 chip inside the Black Shark, but for a 1080p screen it should be quite future-proof.
There is a special hardware key for performance mode at one of the phone’s sides.
The Red Magic impresses with a 24MP main camera with f/1.7 bright lens. There is also an 8MP front snapper with f/2.0 wide-angle lens.
Nubia Red Magic comes with a large 3,800 mAh battery capable of fast charging. Other notable specs include a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, and, unfortunately, a single loudspeaker. There is also support for DTS sound.
Find below the specifications, Features and price of ZTE nubia Red Magic.
ZTE nubia Red Magic Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (5CA) Cat16 1024/150 Mbps
SIM Type and Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)/ nubia Red Magic OS
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 158.1 x 74.9 x 9.5 mm
- Weight: 185 g
- Build: Front glass, aluminum body
- Colours: Red, Black
- RGB light panel (on the back)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.0 inches, 92.9 cm2 (78.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (402 PPI)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Dinorex T2X-1 scratch/shock resistant glass
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.35 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo)
- GPU: Adreno 540
- RAM: 6 GB/8 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB/ 128 GB
- Externa Storage: No
- Rear: 24 MP (f/1.7), phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps
- Front-facing: 8 MP (f/2.0)
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/FLAC/eAAC+ player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- DTS-HD audio
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
- Charging: Fast battery charging
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3800 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: April 19, 2019
- Availability: April 25, 2018
- Launched Price: CNY 2,499 ($399) = 6GB+64GB model, or CNY 2,999 ($479) = 8GB+128GB
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.