Sonim XP8 Specifications, Features and Price
The collaboration of AT&T and Sonim has produce the world toughest smartphone â€“ the XP8. The phone comes with the price tag of a flagship, but it’s got the hardware of a mid-range phone, which means you are simply going to pay for its rugged features rather than specs if you are interested.
According to Sonim, the XP8 is designed to perform in the harshest environments. The smartphone has been military tested and rated to meet or exceed MIL-STD-810G standards for ruggedness.
Also, Sonim’s rugged device features a 100db+ speaker, a 5-inch display with full HD (1080p) resolution, and a massive 4,900 mAh battery that promises up to 35 hours of talk time or up to 30 days of standby time.
Sonim XP8 runs Android 7.0 Nougat and is powered by a 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor, paired with 4GB RAM and 64GB expandable storage.
As far camera is concerned, the phone features a 12-megapixel camera on the back with OIS (optical image stabilization) and phase detection auto-focus, while in the front there’s a secondary 8-megapixel camera. Push-to-talk SOS mode is included as well, along with a handset powered audio interface with locking mechanisms, which allows users to attach audio accessories that are powered by the smartphone.
Business customers may find the ultra-rugged handset perfect for their outdoors operations even if they’ll have to pay the price of a flagship.
Although the ultra-rugged handset is already available for purchase for $699.99 or $23.34 per month, the Sonim XP8 won’t ship until April 30.
Find below the official specifications, Features and price of Sonim XP8.
Sonim XP8 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 14(700), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/150 Mbps
SIM Type and Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 152 x 79.5 x 18 mm
- Weight: 335 g
- Colours: Black
- IP69 certified – dust proof and water resistant over 1 meter and 30 minutes
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.0 inches, 68.9 cm2 (57.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~441 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630
- CPU: Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 508
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128 GB
- Rear: 12 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Front-facing: 8 MP
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; magnetic connector
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video viewer
- Document viewer
- Charging: Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 4.0)
- Battery Type & Capacity: Removable Li-Ion 4900 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: April, 2018
- Availability: April 30, 2018
- Launched Price: â‚¬ 700
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.