Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s Specifications, Features and Price
And at last, after unending rumours and leaks, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s has eventually been officially unveiled today in China. The phone comes with a more powerful chipset and much more impressive dual-camera setup, however still has very similar a design to that of the Mi Mix 2.
The Mix 2s cut off just a millimetre vertically and horizontally to increase the screen-to-body ratio slightly, but visually, itâ€™s a bit difficult to spot a difference between them. Then again, the metal frame and ceramic body still look gorgeous.
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S features a 5.99-inch, 18:9 FullHD+ IPS panel on the front, plus a 2.5D curved glass on top.
Another major change over the regular Mi Mix 2 is that the 2S is powered by the latest Snapdragon 845 chipset. It promises noticeable performance improvements over the Snapdragon 835, without snowballing battery consumption.
The phone comes with a pair of OIS-enabled 12MP cameras, positioned in the top left corner while a 5MP f/2.0 seflie cam sits below the screen in the corner.
One is a regular snapper with large 1.4É¥m pixels and bright f/1.8 aperture (Sony’s IMX363), while the other – a telephoto snapper with f/2.4 lens and 1É¥m pixels – Samsung S5K3M3 module. Dual Pixel technology promises quick and accurate autofocus and the Mi Mix 2s also does multi-frame NR, which takes multiple shots and stacks them together to reduce noise.
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S runs Android 8.0 with MIUI 9.5 on top. The Chinese company has even replaced the Google Assistant with a virtual assistant of its own – XiaoAI, but odds are this may only apply to Chinese users.
Checkout the full specs of Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S below:
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 27(800), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA, LTE
SIM Type and Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)/ MIUI 9.5
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 150.9 x 74.9 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 191 g
- Build: Metal frame and ceramic body
- Colours: Black, White
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.99 inches, 92.6 cm2 (81.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- RAM: 6 GB, 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB, 256 GB
- External Storage: No
- Rear: Dual: 12 MP (f/1.8, 1/2.55″, 1.4 Âµm) + 12 MP (f/2.4, 1/2.9″, 1.0 Âµm), 2x optical zoom, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, 4-axis OIS, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps
- Front-facing: 5 MP, (f/2.0, 1.4 Âµm), 1080p
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Support: XviD/MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 3.5 mm to USB-C headphone adapter incl.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer
- Charging: Fast battery charging 9V/2A (Quick Charge 3.0)
- Qi wireless charging: Yes
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: March, 2018
- Availability: April, 2018
- Launched Price: 6 GB/64 GB – $527, 6 GB/128 GB- $575, 8 GB/256 GB – $639
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.