TP-Link is well-known for its network solutions, however the Chinese company is also in phone making business and has again added a Neffos smartphone to its portfolio. The network solution firm has announced the Neffos N1 in Malaysia – its first dual-camera smartphone that is powered by a MediaTek chipset and and carries a price tag of just around €230/$280.
What Does Neffos N1 Has?
The Neffos N1 features a 5.5” IPS LCD of Full HD resolution which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The camera setup on the back looks similar to Huawei P10, but here we have two 12 MP sensors, coupled with dual-LED flash and a fingerprint scanner.
Hardware-wise, the phone is powered by Helio P25 and coupled with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB of storage. The octa-core CPU goes up to 2.5 GHz, while the GPU is Mali-T880. The 16nm process chip supports LTE for 4G connection while the Wi-Fi is supported by TP-Link’s in-house dual-band smart antenna technology.
The user interface is called NFUI 7.0, based on Android Nougat, but after detailed inspection, this looks like a redesigned Emotion UI that Huawei uses in its phones. The battery cell has 3,260 mAh capacity with Fast Charging availability.
Pricing And Availability
Neffos N1 can be purchased at the Malaysian retailer Lazada for MYR1,099 ($280/€227). The seller offers two years warranty service and gifts like a USB hub or car charger for the first 30 customers.
Neffos N1 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz- SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G: LTE 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 / 2600 MHz
- Data Speed: HSPA, LTE
SIM Type and Count
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)/NFUI 7.0
Design & Build
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: g
- Build: Metal
- Colours: Grey, Gold
- Type: IPS capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.5 inches
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (401 PPI)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P25 (MT6763V)
- CPU: Octa-Core 4 x 2.5GHz ARM Cortex-A53, 4 x 1.6GHz ARM
- GPU: ARM Mali-T880 MP2
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD up to 128GB.
- Rear: Dual 12 MP + 12 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]
- Front-facing: 8 MP (f/2.0, 1.4 µm), 1080p
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Support: MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Document editor
- Photo/video editor
- Charging: Fast battery charging
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Poly 3260 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: March 15, 2018
- Availability: March
- Launched Price: RM1,099 (Malaysia), $290
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.