Huawei P20 Pro Specifications, Features and Price
Huawei has unveiled the long anticipated P20 and P20 Pro today in Paris, France. The new flagship duo notched screens, stereo speakers and various camera improvements including the new Leica Triple Camera.
The Huawei P20 Pro dominated the headlines due to its new Leica Triple Camera.
The P20 Pro features a 6.1″ screen with the same 18.7:9 aspect and notch and identical 1,080 x 2,244 pixel resolution found on the regular P20. But itâ€™s an OLED panel. The fingerprint sensor is also at the front, always-on, and supports swipe gestures.
The phone is powered by the Kirin 970 with the same octa-core CPU (4x A73 + 4x A53) and Mali-G72MP12 GPU. The Pro model comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB expandable storage.
Talking about the real deal, the Leica Triple Camera is certainly the most interesting bit here. The separated sensor is a 20MP monochrome one behind f/1.6 lens. Moving to the larger hump – there is a 40MP large 1/1.7″ color sensor with f/1.8 lens and OIS, and an 8MP color one with f/2.4 telephoto lens.
The camera features the same 4-way autofocus, there is a dual-tone LED flash with an embedded color temperature sensor, and this whole thing can do 3x optical zoom and 5x hybrid zoom.
Other highlights of this new setup include the jaw-dropping maximum ISO of 102,400. Instant autofocus on anything that’s as close as 3 meters and screen off-to-shoot time of 0.3s.
Finally, this triple-cam is capable of 720p@960fps slow-mo capturing and is relying heavily on AI for lots of new features and effects.
Just as the P20, the P20 Pro has a 24MP front snapper with f/2.0 lens that can do a variety of background and lighting effects, but also can be used for Face Unlock via 2D mapping.
Huawei P20 Pro is powered by a large 4,000 mAh battery that supports Super Charge via a proprietary 22.5W plug (58% in 30 mins).
See the full specs of Huawei P20 Pro below.
Huawei P20 Pro Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE
- Data Speed: HSPA, LTE
SIM Type and Count
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)/EMUI 8.1
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 155 x 73.9 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 180 g
- Build: Dual Glass body with frame Metal
- Colour: Twilight, Black, Midnight Blue, Pink Gold
- IP67 certified – dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.1 inches, 93.8 cm2 (~81.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2244 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (408 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 970
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP12
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Rear: Dual: Triple: 40 MP (f/1.8, 1/1.7″, OIS) + 20 MP (f/1.6) + 8 MP (f/2.4), Leica optics, 3x optical zoom, phase detection and laser autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p, 720p@960fps
- Front-facing: 24 MP, autofocus, f/2.0, 1080p
- Music Support: MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/Flac player
- Video Support: XviD/MP4/H.264/WMV player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, EDR, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Document viewer
- Photo/video editor
- Charging: Fast battery charging 4.5V/5A (58% in 30 min)
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: March, 2018
- Availability: April 1, 2018
- Launched Price: â‚¬900
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.