Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design Specifications, Features and Price
Traditionally, Huaweiâ€™s Porsche Design phones always comes pricey. Of course, that a symbol of style and class. But that is not the case today. Well, donâ€™t get it twisted as the Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design may be the companyâ€™s best phone to date. Itâ€™s actually an improved P20 Pro.
The phone features a 6-inch AMOLED QHD display with no notch (18:9). Perhaps the bigger surprise is the under display fingerprint reader. Users can hover their finger over it to wake the phone and touch the screen to unlock it. Have a look around the back â€“ thereâ€™s a second fingerprint reader there!
Huawei Porsche Design Mate RS did away with the notch and gets an under display fingerprint reader.
The screen accounts for a couple of the 8 smooth curves that make up the phones body. Yup, in a direct challenge to Samsung, Huawei has crafted a curved AMOLED display. The body (styled by Porsche Design) is built of metal and glass and comes in the traditional black, but also a Red option, which is unfortunately exclusive to China.
The Mate RS borrows the 40MP + 8MP + 20MP triple camera of the P20 Pro with all its magic: 5x hybrid zoom, 960fps video, AI features and all. But now this trio is moved to the center line.
The AI is powered by the Kirin 970 chipset, which is paired with 6GB of RAM. Itâ€™s the storage where the RS stands out from its siblings â€“ it comes in two versions, 256GB and 512GB.
The rest should be familiar â€“ if a Huawei P20 Pro has a good feature, the Porsche Design Mate RS has it too. This includes the 4,000mAh battery with SuperCharge, wireless charging, stereo speakers and so on.
Huawei Mate RS Porsche Design Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE
- Data Speed: HSPA, LTE
SIM Type and Count
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)/ EMUI 8.1
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 152.9 x 72.5 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 183 g
- Build: Metal
- Colours: Black, Red
- IP67 certified – dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.0 inches, 92.6 cm2 (~83.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 2880 pixels, 18:9 ratio (538 PPI)
- Multitouch: Yes
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 970
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP12
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 256/512 GB
- External Storage: No
- Rear: Triple: 40 MP (f/1.8, 1/1.7″, OIS) + 20 MP (f/1.6) + 8 MP (f/2.4), Leica optics, 3x optical zoom, phase detection and laser autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p, 720p@960fps
- Front-facing: 24 MP, autofocus, f/2.0, 1080p
- Music Support: MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/Flac player
- Video Support: XviD/MP4/H.264/WMV player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 5mm jack: No
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE, EDR, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprints (rear-mounted and under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Document viewer
- Photo/video editor
- Charging: Fast battery charging 4.5V/5A (58% in 30 min)
- Qi wireless charging: Yes
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: March 27, 2018
- Availability: April 12, 2018
- 256GB model – â‚¬1,695
- 512GB model – â‚¬2,095
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.