This Post will guide you how to download and install WhatsApp on your Android and iPhone. It’s very simply to install WhatsApp on your device but this tutorial will teach you how to configure it.
How To Install & Configure WhatsApp On Android Device
- Open your Android’s Google Play Store. It’s a white app with a multicolored triangle on it. You’ll find this app in the App Drawer.
- Tap the magnifying glass icon. It’s in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Type whatsapp into the search bar, then tap Go. This will search the Play Store for WhatsApp; it should be the top result on the next page.
- Tap the “WhatsApp Messenger” item. Doing so will take you to WhatsApp’s app page.
- Tap INSTALL. This will be in the top-right side of the screen.
- Tap ACCEPT when prompted. It’s at the bottom of the pop-up menu. Doing so will prompt WhatsApp to begin downloading to your Android.
- Wait for WhatsApp to finish downloading, then tap OPEN. It’s on the right side of the screen. Now that WhatsApp is installed on your Android, you can set it up.
- Tap AGREE AND CONTINUE. It’s at the bottom of the screen.
- Type in your phone number. You’ll enter this in the text field in the middle of the page.
- Tap OK when prompted. WhatsApp will send a text message with a verification code to your provided phone number.
If don’t have a phone number that can receive texts, tap Call Me instead, and your number will receive an automated phone call announcing your verification code.
How Installing & Configure WhatsApp On iPhone
- Open the iPhone’s App Store. It’s a light-blue app with a white “A” on it. You’ll likely see this on the Home Screen.
- Tap Search. This button, which resembles a magnifying glass, is at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the “Search” bar. You’ll see this at the top of the screen.
- Type WhatsApp into the search bar, then tap Search. This button is in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap GET to the right of WhatsApp. WhatsApp resembles a green app with a white speech bubble encompassing a phone.
- If you’ve previously downloaded WhatsApp, this button will be a cloud icon with a downward-facing arrow. Tapping the cloud will prompt WhatsApp to download.
- Tap INSTALL when prompted. This button is in the same place as GET.
- Enter your Apple ID password if asked. If you’ve recently logged into your Apple ID in the App Store, you won’t have to do this. You can also use your Touch ID if your iPhone supports it.
- Wait for your download to finish, then tap OPEN. It’s to the right of WhatsApp. Doing so will open WhatsApp, allowing you to proceed with setting it up.
- Tap OK or Don’t Allow for any pop-up windows. These windows will ask if you want to allow WhatsApp access to your contacts and whether or not WhatsApp can send notifications to you.
- Tap Agree & Continue. It’s at the bottom of the screen.
- Type in your phone number, then tap Done. Your phone number goes in the text field that’s in the middle of the screen; Done is in the top-right corner.
- Tap Yes when prompted. WhatsApp will send a confirmation code to your iPhone’s Messages. If don’t have a phone number that can receive texts, tap Call Me instead, and your number will receive an automated phone call announcing your verification code.
- Press the Home button, then open Messages. It’s a green app with a white speech bubble.
- Open the text message from WhatsApp. It will say something like “Your WhatsApp code is [six-digit number]…” in the text’s body.
- Type the six-digit code into WhatsApp. As long as you do so correctly, WhatsApp will allow you to finish customizing your profile.
- Enter your name. Do so by tapping the “Your name” text field in the middle of the screen and typing in your name.
- You can also add a profile picture on this page.
- You may also have the option of tapping Restore in the top-right corner of the screen to restore your chat history. This will only apply if you’ve used WhatsApp before on this phone.
And you are done. Just tap Done. Your iPhone’s WhatsApp is now installed and set up, meaning that you’re ready to begin using WhatsApp!