This post is going to teach you how to archive a chat conversation on your WhatsApp. Archiving a chat helps you hide it from your chats list. It moves it to your “Archived chats” folder instead of completely deleting the entire conversation.
How To Archive (Hide) A chat
- Launch WhatsApp Messenger on your Android. The WhatsApp icon looks like a green speech balloon with a telephone in it.
- Tap the CHATS tab. If WhatsApp opens up to a different page than your chats list, tap the CHATS button on the navigation bar at the top of your screen.
- Note: If are already on an opened conversation in full screen, tap the back button to see the navigation bar.
- Tap and hold on a chat conversation. This will simply highlight the conversation in your chats list. A check mark will appear on your friend’s picture next to the conversation.
- Tap the archive icon. This button looks like a square box with a downward-facing arrow next to the three dots icon in the upper-right corner of your screen. Archiving a chat will hide it from your chats list, and move it to your “Archived chats” folder.
- Note: You can immediately restore the chat back to your chats list by tapping UNDO. This button will show up in the lower-right corner of your screen when you archive a chat. It disappears again in a few seconds.
- Scroll down and tap Archived chats. This option is located at the bottom of your chats list. It will let you browse all of your archived chats in one place.