Apple iPad 9.7 (2018) Specifications, Features and Price
Apple has announced a new affordable iPad model – Apple iPad 9.7 (2018), starting at $329. The new tablet comes to succeed the entry-level model which the company launched last year at the same price point. Aside from all the improvements under the hood, the biggest new feature is full support for Apple Pencil.
While it’s certainly a great iPad for consumers, this new model targets the education environment: schools will be able to order it for $299 apiece. Also, the Apple Pencil, which continues to cost $99, will be sold at $89 to schools.
The Apple iPad 9.7 (2018) comes with a 9.7-inches, IPS screen with Retina-quality resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels.
While last-year’s budget iPad used the Apple A9 chipset, the new one upgrades that to the A10 Fusion, which is what powers the iPhone 7 generation. It’s still an incredibly powerful quad-core processor that can go up to 2.3 GHz core clock speed. It also comes with great improvements to the graphics technology, which enables the new $329 iPad to be used with Augmented Reality applications.
For consumers and students alike, having a capable camera is always of great benefit, and while taking photos with a tablets continues to be that sweet, awkward activity, the new iPad’s 8 MP main camera should be more than up to the task. It will also record 1080p HD video. On the front, there’s a fun little 5 MP camera for selfies and video calls.
Checkout the full specs, feature, availability and price of Apple iPad 9.7 (2018) below.
Apple iPad 9.7 (2018) Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- CDMA 800 / 1900
- 3G: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 27(800), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A Cat6 300/50 Mbps, EV-DO Rev.A 3.1 Mbps
SIM Type and Count
- Nano-SIM/ Electronic SIM card (Apple e-SIM)
- iOS 11.3
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 240 x 169.5 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: 469 g (Wi-Fi) / 478 g (LTE) (1.05 lb)
- Build: Front glass, aluminum body
- Colours: Silver, Gold, Space Gray
- Stylus support
- Type: LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 9.7 inches, 291.4 cm2 (71.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1536 x 2048 pixels, 4:3 ratio (~264 ppi density)
- Multitouch: Yes
- Protection: Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Apple A10 Fusion
- CPU: Quad-core 2.34 GHz (2x Hurricane + 2x Zephyr)
- GPU: PowerVR Series7XT Plus (six-core graphics)
- RAM: 2
- Internal Storage: 32/128 GB
- External Storage: No
- Rear: 8 MP (f/2.4, 31mm, 1.12 Âµm), autofocus
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama)
- Video: 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- Front-facing: 1.2 MP (f/2.2, 31mm), 720p@30fps, face detection, HDR, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, EDR, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS (Wiâ€‘Fi + Cellular model only)
- USB: 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, compass, barometer
- Messaging: iMessage, Email, Push Email, IM
- Browser: HTML5 (Safari)
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- iCloud cloud service
- Audio/video/photo editor
- Document editor
- Charging: Regular
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion battery (32.4 Wh)
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: March, 2018
- Availability: March, 2018
- 32 GB Wi-Fi – $329
- 32 GB Wi-Fi + cellular – $459
- 128 GB Wi-Fi – $429
- 128 GB Wi-Fi + cellular – $559
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.