If you are a phone fanatic, then you will love software updates. Of course, nobody want to keep using a smartphone that runs on the past but many still find themselves stuck on old wares, either because they don’t care or their phone does not supports any update. Couple of weeks ago, we told you that Infinix Mobility has announced its line-up of phones scheduled to receive Android 8 Oreo over the next few months.
And now, a beta version of the Android 8 Oreo update is already rolling to some users. Note though that beta software tend to be very unstable and not suitable for everyday use. It’s advisable for you wait for the proper Oreo release before updating your smartphone.
All three devices mentioned in the previous post were launched running Android 7 Nougat. The Oreo updates will start rolling out in April 2018, beginning with the Note 4 3GB, and end in August 2018. You can bookmark our Android 8 Oreo Tracker and visit often to keep track of new devices being updated to Oreo.
Android 8 Oreo was released in 3rd quarter of 2017. You can have a look at the list of what it brings to the table here: What are the features we expect from Android 8 Oreo.
The next Android software version, Android P, is being expected to be ready by the end of 2018. We already have an early perception into what to expect from it.
Well, in case you still want to upgrade to the beta version, we have a guide for you to follow and thus it goes;
How To Upgrade Your Infinix Device To Android Oreo 8.0
Important things to note/do before you kick start the upgrade
- Ensure your device is not rooted otherwise it will get bricked
- Ensure you backup your current firmware should there be a reason to downgrade your device if the update contains bugs
- Make sure you phone battery power is at least 95% charged
- Lastly, make sure you have up to 2GB to download the update
Installing the Infinix Note 4 Android 8.0 OTA update?
- Go to settings => About => System, update and search for an update. If an update is available,
- Click on download and install
- After downloading the software, restart your device & install
- Kindly wait for your phone to boot into recovery mode and install the update. Do not interrupt the installation process.
- As soon as the update is complete, your Infinix Note 4 X572 will reboot and you’ll have Android 8.1.0 oreo running on your device with the latest version of XOS.
And if you’ve installed the Android Oreo update on your Note 4, kindly let us if there is any bug you encounter while we await new fix from Infinix mobility.