YouTube Go Now in 130 Countries with New Features
Last Year, YouTube launched a lighter version of its popular streaming platform which it called â€œYouTube Goâ€ as a beta test in India. The company said that it that was designed to be offline first and for users who have limited access to data usage. Towards the end the of the same year, YouTube Go moves from the Beta version to a stable version. In Last September, YouTube rolled out the beta test to several African countries including Nigeria and now it getting it across more markets.
â€œWe are excited to expand YouTube Go to over 130 countries around the globe starting today,â€ YouTube said. â€œYouTube Go gives access to YouTube regardless of connectivity status and more control over data usage while being locally and socially relevant.â€
About two months ago, some key features were noticed from my end and they includes:
- Ability to download videos for offline viewing just like on the regular YouTube app. There are three categories: You get to see the amount of storage available on your device.
- Ability to send the offline videos stored on the phone to another device via Bluetooth, which eliminates the need for the other party to download the same video.
- You can discover new content by going to the home tab. Users can also look for definite videos by using the search tool.
YouTube also made use of the feedbacks it got to bring on new changes and they includes;
- Ability to download, stream or share videos in high quality.
- Users can get new personalized content by making the pull gesture of the homescreen. They will also notify you when new videos are uploaded from channels you like.
- New design changes have been made to makes it even easier to access the share nearby feature from the home page.
- Users can now share multiple videos at once