LG will be launching the 2018 editions of its K8 and K10 midrange smartphones at the MWC 2018. The event will kick off this weekend in Barcelona. The duo will be rolled out in Europe, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East.
According to LG, the K10 smartphones will offer quicker focus speeds thanks to Phase-detection autofocus, and improved noise reduction in lower light and with its new 13MP camera sensor. Meanwhile, the K8 has an 8MP camera with new shooting features and the rear-mounted power button/ fingerprint scanner can be used to quickly launch the camera on either phone.
The hardware will also be keeping its pebble like design, one that mildly curves around all edges of the handsets. There are also three new colors for 2018: Aurora Black, Moroccan Blue, and Terra Gold.
About the display, the K8 has a 5-inch 720p display while the K10 will features a larger 5.3-inch 720p display.
The K8 is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core CPU while the K10 is controlled by 1.5GHz type. The K10 comes in two extra variants: “Alpha” and “Plus”. The Plus model has 3GB/32GB and while the Alpha, standard K10, and K8 have 2GB/16GB. The Alpha has a lower-res 8MP camera. These variants are all likely meant for different markets.
Check out the full specs on LG K10 phones.
LG K10 (2018) (Regular, Alpha and Plus) Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)
- Data Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
SIM Type and Count
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat)
Design & Build
- Dimensions: 148.7 x 75.3 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: 162 g
- Build: Plastic body
- Colours: Aurora Black, Moroccan Blue, Terra Gold
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.3 inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio (277 PPI)
- Multitouch: Yes
Hardware & Memory
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6750
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-T860MP2
- RAM: 2 GB for K10α, K10 and 3 GB for K10+
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 400 GB
- Rear: 13 MP or 8 MP, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Front-facing: 8 MP or 5 MP
- Music Support: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Video Support: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes, RDS, recording
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Messaging: SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
- Browser: HTML5
- Others: Photo/video editor, Document viewer
- Charging: –
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
Announcement & Availability Date
- Announced: February, 2018
- Released: April, 2018
- Launched Price: To Be Announced
Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.