This post will educate you on how you can easily unblock yourself if someone blocks you on WhatsApp. So kindly read through this post very well and learn how to use trick to unblock yourself even when you have been blocked by someone on WhatsApp.
However, what do we mean by getting blocked by someone via the WhatsApp Block feature.
How Does WhatsApp Block Feature Work?
WhatsApp BLOCK feature allows you to block any person you think is not worthy to be in your chatting list. However, someone could mistakenly tap on the block button and you will be blocked even without the knowledge of your friend.
Reasons for blocking friends on WhatsApp varies, could be privacy purpose or any other reason.
How To Unblock Yourself On WhatsApp If You Are Blocked By Someone
Kindly follow the steps below accordingly to get yourself unblock by whoever blocked you.
- Pen down your blockerâ€™s phone number in case you are sure that the person has blocked you.
- Back up your chats â€“ In case you donâ€™t know how to back up your contacts, here is a quick guide in creating a Google Drive backup:
How To Back Up You WhatsApp Contact On Google Drive
- Step 1. Open WhatsApp.
- Step 2. Go to Menu Button > Settings > Chats > Chat backup.
- Step 3. Tap Back up to Google Drive and set up the backup frequency the way you want.
- Step 4. You will get a prompt to select a Google account that you will back up your chat history to. If you do not have a Google account, tap Add account when prompted. Please remember the Google account you are using for the backup.
- Step 5. Tap Back up over to choose the network you prefer to use for backup.
- Delete your WhatsApp account – To do this, kindly go to account settings on your WhatsApp and delete your account. Deleting your number means you will no longer be active on WhatsApp. So technically, you cannot block someone whoâ€™s not on WhatsApp. So whoever blocked you will no longer have you on the blocked list.
- Clear WhatsApp data â€“ To clear your WhatsApp data, simply go to your phone settings > app > WhatsApp and clear the data.
- Reactivating Your WhatsApp – Open your WhatsApp and register your number on the WhatsApp platform. It will be as if you are registering for the first time.
- Restore Chats – Now, to Restore your chat back up;
- Ensure you are using the same Google account that was used to perform the backup.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
- Open Whatsapp App again, Input your phone number and Verify your Number. After verifying your number, you will be prompted to restore your messages and media from Google Drive.
- After the restoration process is complete, tap Next and your chats will be displayed once initialization is complete.
- After restoring your chats, WhatsApp will begin restoring your media files.
NOTE: You need to restore from the backup on your google drive but if you donâ€™t do so, WhatsApp will automatically restore the backup from your local storage memory which could be SDcard or phone internal memory as the case may be.
- Re-add The Contact That Blocked You – Lastly, save the contact you wrote down earlier back on your phone. Now look for the person/contact that blocked you in the first place and send a message as his/her profile picture and other information will be available for you to see again.
And thatâ€™s all, you are done unblocking yourself.
But wait, how do you even know if you have been blocked on WhatsApp? Read below to know how to discover that you have been blocked.
How To Know If You Have Blocked On WhatsApp?
- If you unable find the person in your WhatsApp contact list then you have been blocked by that individual.
- Your messages are not delivered after few days.
- You are unable to see see the “last seen” time, the status or profile picture of that person, then you have been blocked.
Hope this post is helpful? You can drop your comments below.
More On WhatsApp;