Google has added a new tab called ‘Auto ads’ to its AdSense platform which is located just above ‘Ad Units’ tab.
What Does Auto ads Means?
According to Google, Auto ads are a family of ad formats that provides a simple and innovative way for website owner or bloggers to monetize their content. With Auto ads, Google will automatically display ads at optimal times when they’re expected to perform well for you and provide a good experience for your users. All you need is to place the same piece of ad code once on each page.
Auto ads is replacing and improving the Page-level ads. So for site owners who already had Page-level ads their site, there will be no need to paste any new code since the new Auto ads uses the same code as that of Page-level ads. Google has already migrated all your existing settings over to Auto ads.
What is new in Auto ads?
As earlier stated, Auto ads is just an enhancement on Page-level ads and offer new opportunities such as:
- New ad formats (e.g., text and display, In-article, etc.) in addition to existing formats such as anchor ads and vignettes
- Advanced URL settings which allows you show different Auto ads on different pages of your sites
Advantages Of Placing Auto ads On Your Site
The benefits of Auto ads consist of:
- Concentrate on making content great and attracting: Auto ads automatically place and optimize your ads for you, thereby reducing the time spent on doing it yourself.
- Potential increase in Revenue: Auto ads analyse the site pages and locates new places to show ads based on the site layout, content, and existing Google ads.
- Easy To Use: All you need is just placing the same piece of code just once on each page that you want to show Auto ads. Google takes care of the rest.
How Does Auto ads work?
Auto ads makes use of Google’s machine learning technology to:
- Understand page structure of the site
- Identify any existing Google ads on your page. (Note: only ads from Google.)
- Automatically place new ads based on different elements such as your page layout, the amount of content on your page, and your existing Google ads.
If there’s any change detected your site by Google, it will reanalyse your page.
Ad formats That Belongs To Auto ads Family
The Auto ads family includes the below ad formats:
These ads appear in specific places on your pages:
- Text & display
- In-article ads
- In-feed ads (mobile only)
- Matched content (mobile only)
These ads appear over the top of your pages and might require your users to close or remove them:
- Anchor ads (mobile only)
- Vignette ads (mobile only)
How Do I Set Up Auto ads
To set up Auto ads, firstly, you need to decide on which ad formats you’d like to display across your site pages. These will be your “global settings”. You then copy and paste the ad code on each page that you want Auto ads to appear. After you’ve done this, you can choose to show different ad formats on some of your pages by creating a URL group.
To set up Auto ads, follow the guide below:
- Sign in to your AdSense account.
- In the left navigation panel, click My ads.
- Click Auto ads.
- On the “Choose your global settings” page, use the controls to select the ad formats that you’d like to show.
- Leave Automatically get new formats selected if you want AdSense to automatically add new ad formats to your global settings as they become available.
- Click Save.
- On the “Place code on your page” page, click Copy code.
- Paste the ad code between the <head> and </head> tags of each page where you want to show Auto ads. If you’re not sure how to do this, see our Code implementation guide.
- Click Done.
Auto ads will start to appear on your pages in about 10-20 minutes.
More On AdSense