What is GTCoins? Is GTBank Joining The Moving Train?
GTBankâ€™s GTCoins: What you need to know about GTCoins
Ever notice that notification you get on your phone when after performing a transaction as a Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank) customer? Nigeriaâ€™s leading innovative bank is possibly paving its way into digital currencies. In case the central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) finally agrees to welcome itself into a world sheâ€™s seriously fighting â€“ cryptocurrency World â€“ and accepts it as a legal tender, the bank will certainly be waiting for others to join it in digital currency train. This is not only happening in Nigeria, but across the continent.
Though GTBank has never made mention of the word â€œcryptocurrencyâ€ with regards to its GTCoins, but the inclusion of â€œcoinsâ€ to the concept means a lot, since itâ€™s a keyword in the block chain technology.
What Are GTCoins?
GTCoins are points GTBank customers earns when they carry out financial transactions using the bankâ€™s e-channels, such as 737, our Mobile banking applications and Internet Banking. They also earn GTCoins when they open a new account, reactivate a dormant account or set up a standing instruction for their Childâ€™s SKS account.
The bank stated that GTCoins cannot be converted to cash or transferred to a third party, it can only be used to redeem deals offered by the bank.
How to Earn GTCoins rewards?
Earn GTCoins when you make use of our e-channels for your financial transactions or carry out select banking actions.
- Use 737, Internet Banking or our Mobile App: Get rewarded when you buy airtime, transfer funds and pay bills with any of these platforms.
- Fund your new or dormant GTBank account: Either online or via our e-channels, or in any of our branches near you â€“ you still enjoy rewards.
- Use your GTBank Naira MasterCard: You earn 5 GTCoins everytime you make payments in stores nationwide or online.
- Set up a Standing Instruction: For your Childâ€™s Smart Kidsâ€™ Savings (SKS) account.
Â How To Redeem your GTCoins?
To redeem your earned GTCoins, simply login to Internet Banking, select â€œRedeem GTCoinsâ€ to view your cumulative GTCoins.
How To Look Out For GTCoins?
Look out for your earned GTCoins everytime you successfully complete any transaction using the GTBank 737 USSD service.
How To Get incredible deals with your GTCoins?
You can redeem fantastic prizes and amazing giveaways with your accumulated GTCoins.
- So Much More With Your GTCoins:Â Every month, you will be informed of awesome deals for your GTCoins. You can also use your GTCoins to purchase airtime, cinema tickets, amazing flash deals etc.
- Using your GTCoins before It Expires:Â GTCoins are accumulated from the first to the last day of every month and must be used within the month. Your GTCoins can not be rolled over to the next month.
How Much GTCoins Can You Earn Per Transaction?
- Buy airtime via 737, Internet Banking or Mobile Banking (5 GTCoins).
- Transfer funds to another bank via 737, Internet Banking or Mobile Banking (5 GTCoins).
- Bill payment on 737, Internet Banking and Mobile Banking (5 GTCoins).
- Naira MasterCard on any POS terminal in Nigeria or website (5 GTCoins).
- Standing Instruction on SKS account (10 GTCoins).
- Fund a newly opened or dormant account (10 GTCoins).
How To Loose Your GTCoins?
You also lose GTCoins when you withdraw cash using other Banksâ€™ ATMs.
How to check GTCoins balance?
You can find out your GTCoins balance on internet banking or by dialling *737*6*1# from the mobile number registered to your GTBank account. You will also be notified of every GTCoin you earn via your transaction alerts.
Your GTCoins balance is reset at the end of every month, which means that you cannot roll over your unused GTCoins into a new month.
Things you can do with GTCoins
You can use your GTCoins to redeem our deals and special offers. You will be informed of such deals and offers via SMS, email and transaction alerts. These deals would only be valid while stock lasts.
Every month, the bank will send you the special offers and deals for the month via SMS. You can also look out for more amazing deals and offers on Internet Banking and in your notification alerts.
You will need the right amount of GTCoins to participate in any of our deals and special offers.
Finally, while GTCoins cannot be converted to cash, owners can use it to get incredible deals from GTBank. All they need to earn GTCoins is use the banks e-channels for transaction.