9Mobile telecom, formerly Etisalat has unveiled its new corporate brand identity few hours ago. This follows series of speculations by relevant stakeholders as to what comes next regarding Etisalat Group’s withdrawal of the right to the continued use of the Etisalat brand in Nigeria by Emerging Markets Telecommunication Services Ltd. (EMTS).
Etisalat Nigeria now re-branded as 9Mobile ran into trouble having failed to service over N541 billion debts owed a consortium of banks that include Access Bank PLC, Zenith Bank, GTBank, FirstBank and other foreign banks.
The intervention of Nigerian financial and telecoms regulatory authorities had helped to prevent a major stricture that could have erased jobs and the integrity of the two sectors.
Both the Central Bank of Nigeria and Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) said they are still studying the situation. The NCC has assured that there would be no negative impact on subscribers and on jobs.
The telecoms firm retained the “9janess” by invariably deciding on “9” in 9Mobile.
On the choice of 9, 9mobile explained thus as gathered by Tellforceblog;
- 9 is significant with nature, the start of life, time of birth, from our entry into the market 9 years ago to our evolution 9 years after, we are still 0809ja.
- We are here for you, rebranded for you because it is all about you.
- 9 stands for speed, quality, excellence. if you”re looking to the future, you find it with 9.
- 9 gets you talking more, doing more, achieving more & living more.
- 9mobile made changes to its online presences as shown in the pictures below.
9mobile (formerly Etisalat) also unveiled Its Logo, Website and Mobile App
- Website link: http://9mobile.com.ng/